Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through August 27, 2006

Old    abadsvt            07-21-2006, 6:38 PM Reply   
Hello all i decided to go with the skylon rubicon series speakers for my X1. I am undecided on what setup to go with.

Option 1:
Single 450 in the center with one 150 on each side of the 450's.

Option 2:
A set of 350's and in the future add lights in between the speakers

Option 3:
A set of 350's and in between the 350's is a set of 250's.

Option 4:
A set of 450's.

The 450's are 2 8" mid with a horn in the middle.
The 350's are 1 8" mid with a horn.
The 250's are 2 6.5"s with 2 little tweeters.
The 150's are 1 6.5" with 1 little tweeter.

Don't worry about the cost but i want the best sounding setup. Also is bad to mix horns with 6.5" speakers? Or would it make the sound more well rounded? Any comments would be appreciated!!!!
Old     (clubmyke)      Join Date: Aug 2004       07-21-2006, 6:56 PM Reply   
would suggest running 3 of all the same speaker, otherwise you will need another amp..
amp impedence / setup plays a big part in the setup.
Old    abadsvt            07-21-2006, 7:12 PM Reply   
Well i don't mind spending a couple hundred dollars for a amp. You know alot about speakers clubmyke. Besides the amp issue what setup would you recommend? I am trying to find a happy medium with sound quality and making them look nice on the tower. I saw a xstar with deafcon v's (older 450's) and at first i thought it looked to busy but when i looked at it again i thought it looked kind of good. I am sure no-one needs that much of sound but it makes one hell of a statment.
Old     (lake_side)      Join Date: Jan 2004       07-21-2006, 7:54 PM Reply   
louder is better
Old     (clubmyke)      Join Date: Aug 2004       07-21-2006, 8:13 PM Reply   
what head unit are you using ?
how many outputs does it have ?
how are you going to control the boat volume and the tower speaker volume ?
size of alternator ?
how many & what kind of battery setup?

to really run hcld speakers, plan on spending just as much or or close to on the amps(ie arc, zapco, tru etc)...
Old    abadsvt            07-21-2006, 9:04 PM Reply   
Well i was planning on using the stock clarion head unit. I am not sure how many outputs it has because i haven't seen one yet. I was thinking about have a reastat installed so i can easily control the tower speakers. Not sure what size alternator it is but probably a standard one. I was thinking about installing a set of 6v batteries because i have been told that they equal 4 blue optimas. They have 480mins of draw ability. Blue optimas are 120mins. Regarding the amp could i get buy with a amp for under $500 for the tower speakers? I want to be able to hear the music perfectly out when i am wakeboarding and since some people say the stock JL Audio tower speakers sound good and other say they sound okay i thought i will upgrade before i spend some money on something that i might not be happy with. Hope that makes sence. Thanks Josh
Old     (clubmyke)      Join Date: Aug 2004       07-22-2006, 8:38 AM Reply   
what is a reastat ? 2 blue tops with a decent alterntor should work in most applications ( i like gel cells).

in regards to the amp, if you get different speakers then you will need another amp, running 3 speakers really mucks things up (i went with 3 also).... if you get 3 of the same then 1 big amp (4 ohms wired paraell is 1.34 ohms..pretty low or if they offered a 8 ohm driver then that would be 2.67 ohms)... a zapco 1100.1 with symbilink controller would work (about $800 new)