Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (Wakewarrior420)      Join Date: Apr 2010       04-09-2010, 10:57 AM Reply   
Hello all. I live in the mountains near Vail and I was interested in doing some wake boarding this summer. Would anyone be kind enough to fill me in on the premiere spots? I would like to move somewhere close to some good lakes but not too much into the city. Any thoughts?
Old    Chaserwaser            04-09-2010, 11:03 AM Reply   
Chatfield = if you can get there on a week day and especially if you can get there around 6am otherwise there is no use of it..

Sloans = Favortie private lake .. deepest part of the lake is 5ft though but insanely warm during the summer and private lake = king ... glass allll dayy and everyone who goes there pretty much wakeboards and is very friendly... but dont be shocked if you find a body or gun on the bottom

Aloha Beach = Coolest private lake Ive been to its like where you would never expect a lake to be in a neighborhood right off a major road ( dont worry is quiet ).. its narrow but long lakes ( 3 ) and pros ride there all the time ( liquid force team ) with houses around all of them and your backyard is sand and everyone is VERY VERY friendly there and cool luckily I have a friend who lives on there ... houses are anywhere from 600k to 3mil prob but you get your dock and your lake obviously... and if you dont mind sharing the lake for like 30-45 min intervals you would love it and everyone is pretty cool about your time limit on there and when your time is done just hop in the boat thats next and go again haha! :-D

Horsetooth
Cherry Creek
Bergen
Blue Mesa
Boulder
Boyd
Carter
Grand Lake
Green Mountain
Jackson
John Martin
Navajo
Pueblo
Stagecoach
Stanely
Steamboat
Soda Lakes - Need to buy a day pass type deal ...

Just look all these up in google!
All the lakes that I know of in Colorado or near

Last edited by Chaserwaser; 04-09-2010 at 11:10 AM.
Old     (Wakewarrior420)      Join Date: Apr 2010       04-09-2010, 11:32 AM Reply   
thanks Chase! Aloha Beach sounds sick, but I don't know if ill be dropping 600k on a house right away this spring, can you pay to use the lake?
Old     (madriding1)      Join Date: Sep 2008       04-09-2010, 12:02 PM Reply   
Forget Sloans. .Its a cesspool of E coli and dying fish. Better take some antibiotics if you go in that water. Filled with goose poop as well. VERY NASTY

"City officials hope a dose of fresh water will save Sloan's Lake fish from suffocation. Nearly 100 dead catfish, crappie, koi, bluegill and perch were found floating Wednesday near an inlet along the southwestern end of the lake near Sheridan Boulevard in Edgewater. On Thursday, the Denver Parks and Recreation Department worked with Rocky Mountain Ditch to open flood inlets to allow more fresh water to enter the lake."
Old    Chaserwaser            04-09-2010, 12:02 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wakewarrior420 View Post
thanks Chase! Aloha Beach sounds sick, but I don't know if ill be dropping 600k on a house right away this spring, can you pay to use the lake?
No you cant its very like neighborhood oriented just the people who own a house are the ones who ride.. Gated Community ... Honestly idk what your looking for but I live in Highlands Ranch south of denver and its kind of a central point to all the nice lakes near by, You can have a ride within 45 min time at a lake and the benefit of sloans its just like aloha but you can actually buy your membership and go whenver you wants its really calm but since its so shallow they dont allow anything bigger then a 22ft boat and the states wakeboard shop ( Tommys Slalom Shop is 5 minutes away from it so its kind of the "wakeboarding hot spot".. and living in highlands ranch isnt TOOO crazy but its def one of the more expensive parts of Colorado ( Nicknamed the bubble because most people here are stuck up filthy rich )

Last edited by Chaserwaser; 04-09-2010 at 12:08 PM.
Old    Chaserwaser            04-09-2010, 12:03 PM Reply   
and Mike R is correct haha they actually just pulled a body from the lake couple months ago so very disgusting lake but you know people like me will go to great extent to have a nice all day glass lake
Old     (bruizza)      Join Date: May 2009       04-09-2010, 12:10 PM Reply   
I live right by Standley Lake but unfortunately don't have a pass to it. We tow the boat up to Horsetooth pretty much every weekend. Hoping to meet up with a couple of the folks that got Standley passes to do some weekday riding. Being from TN all the lakes out here are kind of small compared to norris (where we used to ride). For good water out here you need to either hit the lake a 6am or 6pm.