Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through November 29, 2007

Old     (maxx_wake)      Join Date: Sep 2003       10-16-2007, 6:32 AM Reply   
My 2003 Byerly 142 finally bit the dust this weekend when the bindings ripped out so I am looking for some suggestions for a new board. There are so many choices out there so I was hoping you guys could help me narrow it down a little bit.

A little background info. I am 6'7" and 210lbs. I have been riding for a long time but my trick list is limited to grabbed 180's and an ocassional 360. I really liked my Byerly but I am looking for something that will help me progress. Any ideas? Thanks in advance.
Old     (bamacpa)      Join Date: Aug 2006       10-16-2007, 6:51 AM Reply   
Being that tall, I would think you would need a board with a wider stance. I've been told (by O'brien pro rider) that one hold in on an O'brien board is equivalent to last hole out on most other boards as far as binding placement goes. I've never actually measured though. Having said that, I don't think you could go wrong with the O'brien Natural 144.
Old     (romes)      Join Date: Sep 2006       10-16-2007, 6:57 AM Reply   
lf makes the witness in a 145...sic board very easy to ride which leads to progression in my opinion...
Old     (malibuboarder75)      Join Date: Jan 2004       10-16-2007, 7:41 AM Reply   
Hyperlite has a lifetime warranty on their boards as long as you dont hit sliders. They will probably replace it with a board of your choice (maybe?).
Old     (brutto_76)      Join Date: Feb 2005       10-16-2007, 7:46 AM Reply   
Second the Witness. We've also got a Watson, a Shane and a Marius on the boat but the Witness is favourite. Very smooth and fun to ride. I'm 210 and ride the 140 so the 144 could be perfect for you. Try and get to demo it if you can.
Old     (maxx_wake)      Join Date: Sep 2003       10-16-2007, 9:05 AM Reply   
leo, what is involved in getting Hyperlite to warranty it? I am sure the reciept is long gone and the shop I bought it from is 3 hours away. Can I send it directly to Hyperlite? I guess I will give them a call first but even if I have to buy a new one I got 4 years out of it so I cant complain.

(Message edited by maxx_wake on October 16, 2007)
Old     (trewblu)      Join Date: Sep 2007       10-16-2007, 3:04 PM Reply   
any of the hyperlite boards
Old    sealyon.net            10-16-2007, 6:28 PM Reply   
You will have to send it back through a dealer,and the (life time of a board is only 3 years) But they have replaced boards that old before. It doesn't hurt to ask.
Old     (hawk7)      Join Date: Apr 2007       10-16-2007, 7:18 PM Reply   
You might look at a ONE 142. I know that I learned all 8 of my 180's and a 360 on mine, don't know for sure that it was the board, but it is pretty sick, very forgiving, and very light.