Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through November 29, 2007

Old     (oaboards)      Join Date: Aug 2007       10-13-2007, 3:05 PM Reply   
So i just got the new 08 Obrien Catalog in our shop and i was fliping though and they have some pretty awesome stuff this year. When I got to the back of the book i saw a board that looks just like the Roam and a board that looks like the Slingshot... Cant wait to hear some reviews on it!!!
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       10-13-2007, 4:10 PM Reply   
The flex line is unreal. Great stuff!
Old     (oaboards)      Join Date: Aug 2007       10-13-2007, 4:28 PM Reply   
Have you ridden any of them?
Old     (bailey)      Join Date: May 2001       10-13-2007, 7:08 PM Reply   
From the last wakeboard magazine I saw it looks like liquid force has a flex board in the line up now as well. I think it is more in line with the slingshot than the roam in terms of flex. It should be interesting to see how well the flex boards go over.
Old     (flexnwake)      Join Date: Oct 2007       10-14-2007, 9:54 AM Reply   
but does it have the same construction? probably not so it won't even come close to the same feel or flex.

But bring on the flex comp > it really helps our story!
Old     (absoluteboarder)      Join Date: Aug 2002       10-14-2007, 11:07 AM Reply   
........slingshot could you explain the difference between a slingshot kiteboard and wakeboard...because they all look the same. Right now I believe.....the flexboards are just kiteboards. Could you or someone please educate me
on how the flex board has been modified from a kiteboard?
Old     (jon_roth)      Join Date: Jun 2007       10-14-2007, 3:39 PM Reply   
Hey... original flex board... the Lonnie Toft , also one of the original wakeboards.
Old     (chris_williams)      Join Date: May 2007       10-14-2007, 5:56 PM Reply   
Yeah the first flex boards were definately Lonnie Toft boards. At least ten years back if not more. snappy wood boards with fins and all. Wut up Jon, lets ride this week!

(Message edited by chris_williams on October 14, 2007)
Old     (bailey)      Join Date: May 2001       10-14-2007, 8:44 PM Reply   
I don't know what kind of construction the Liquid force board has. I only saw it in an ad in a magazine. The only reason I compared it to the slingshot is it seems more of a wakeboard shape and has fins. Not really that much similar to the roam or ronix version of the roam.
I have seen some pretty flexy boards come out especially the old neptunes that McCaffray used to ride. I doubt they flexed as much as the new ones but not all wakeboards are super stiff.
Old     (jon_roth)      Join Date: Jun 2007       10-15-2007, 8:55 AM Reply   
Hey Chris, more like 20 years he rode one at the first wakeboard worlds in Hawaii, custom boards with different flex patterns . he's back in Ventura now, let's ride bro.
Old     (flexnwake)      Join Date: Oct 2007       10-15-2007, 10:37 AM Reply   
Well with kiteboards there is hardly any rocker becuase you are cutting through the water unlike wake boards where you are skipping arcoss. Most of the differeance between the 2 are shape, profile, rocker, concave and flex. Wake boards will have more flex for that load and pop but the kite boards will be a little more stiff for better tracking through ruff water and holding down your kite better and keeping up wind. The more rocker you have; the harder it is for you to say up wind. But more rocker more pop, so there is a fine line when it comes to a good kiteboard. I hope this makes sense.

But over all the constrution is about the same.