Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through June 17, 2007

Old     (spoonman)      Join Date: Aug 2005       06-14-2007, 6:40 AM Reply   
I finally sold my old I/O and have been looking for a second boat just for wakeboarding espically in the evenings when just my wife and I go out. I found what seems like a fair deal on ebay but after getting screwed on a 280z several years ago taking someones word for it worries me.

suggestions or recomendations for a inspector near Newhall,CA

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1982-2001-ski-nautique-competition-tow-boat_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ31270QQihZ016QQite mZ260127630356QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW
Old     (malibuboarder75)      Join Date: Jan 2004       06-14-2007, 7:26 AM Reply   
I have seen this boat for sale before. It was for sale over a year ago when I was looking for one. Be careful, either the boat sold and now the new owner is selling it, or it hasn't sold for a reason. At that price, what could you lose though? Just be ready to do some work if the stringers are shot and the floor is bad.
Old     (martinique)      Join Date: Sep 2006       06-14-2007, 7:38 AM Reply   
if your looking for a cheap boat with everything check out my post

http://www.wakeworld.com/MB/Discus/messages/8/461354.html?1181778825
Old     (malibuboarder75)      Join Date: Jan 2004       06-14-2007, 9:44 AM Reply   
AG, why so cheap?
Old     (martinique)      Join Date: Sep 2006       06-14-2007, 9:51 AM Reply   
I am moving from WI to AZ and don't want to pay to have it shipped or drive it 26hrs myself. The boat is amazing. I will take anyone out for a demo and pull. Look around you can not find a better deal. Did I mention the wake is huge even without ballast!
Old     (shredhead)      Join Date: Jun 2003       06-14-2007, 10:29 AM Reply   
Brad:
If your in IA and the ebay boat is in CA, I wouldn't even think about it.I would never buy a boat without driving it first.
Drive up and check out AG's boat. Lot's of low time CC in the midwest.
Old     (spoonman)      Join Date: Aug 2005       06-14-2007, 11:50 AM Reply   
Thanks for the heads up Leo.I am trying to contact him to see if he can take it to a local dealer and I will pay for a inspection.

AG I noticed your add a couple days ago and have some interest but have been unable to find any body that has ridden the wake. I also am fan of the 2001 wake and size of the boat.

(Message edited by spoonman on June 14, 2007)
Old     (yosquire)      Join Date: Jun 2005       06-14-2007, 12:11 PM Reply   
I got my boat off e-bay, it was an 06 Mastercraft, bought it now for $5900, had to send certified check to the Congo Republic of Africa. Once I did that the seller had his agents remove the boat from it's shipping container in New York and shipped it to me for my inspection. Once I confirmed it was a good deal I told the seller to complete the transaction as I was keeping the boat.
Old     (tommyg)      Join Date: Apr 2002       06-14-2007, 12:32 PM Reply   
I actually did buy my boat off of eBay, and no, I didn't have to send a certified check to the Congo to get it...

My case was a bit different, as I bought a dealer demo boat that was a leftover '02, bought it in '03. Had to have it shipped across the country, but it was still way cheaper than buying new or slightly used in NorCal. I had a great experience, but be very careful as to who you deal with.

Buy a cheap ticket and fly out to see it. I found my car on the net, caught a Southwest flight to SoCal...it checked out, so I drove it home...
Old     (eric_ms)      Join Date: Apr 2007       06-14-2007, 12:34 PM Reply   
Craig.. you got balls there is no way i would do a deal like that with out seeing or driving the boat 1st.
Old     (stanfield)      Join Date: Mar 2004       06-14-2007, 12:48 PM Reply   
A guy in Guadalajara Mexico saw my boat for sale here on WW and drove 20+ hours one way to come and get it. One of the craziest things I've ever seen. I didn't even have his phone number. Told me he'd meet me at a certain boat ramp at a certain time and sure enough when that day came, he was there. lol
Old     (hixsonaz)      Join Date: May 2007       06-14-2007, 2:23 PM Reply   
Brad,
I bought a 2003 MB B52 off ebay about 6-7 months ago. Got a good deal. It did have a couple issues that i needed to address that photos didn't show. Couple hundred bucks and some leg time to make it perfect.
Get a phone number and call the seller. Also make sure that you agree that if the boat is not what was represented in the auction, the transaction is voided. With a high dollar transaction you should be able to work out some security for both the buyer and seller.
I am very pleased with my new boat.
Old     (wakedv)      Join Date: May 2007       06-14-2007, 3:03 PM Reply   
I just saw the same deal as Craig is talking about on ebay last night. The seller had no history and had just registered as a seller yesterday, Craig how come your profile says Malibu if you bought the Matercraft. Same Boat and price...hmmmm. PS..happy 2nd anniversery on WW today Craig
Old     (yosquire)      Join Date: Jun 2005       06-14-2007, 3:03 PM Reply   
> Craig.. you got balls there is no way i would do a deal like that with out seeing or driving the boat 1st.

Old     (yosquire)      Join Date: Jun 2005       06-14-2007, 3:05 PM Reply   
If you guys believe my post, then maybe you should try out one of these buy your boat on E-bay for 5% of NADA value from a Nigerian seller deals.
Old     (dabell)      Join Date: Apr 2007       06-14-2007, 3:09 PM Reply   
You were joking. I thought so. Just didn't see the emotions going on there and sounded too similar to the posts that everyone was being warned about on WW.
Old     (wakedv)      Join Date: May 2007       06-14-2007, 3:11 PM Reply   
Most scam these days involve African nations, go ahead and send your money, make sure you can afford to lose it though. If what Craig says is true none of us would ever buy from dealers only from African sellers....SCAM, SCAM, SCAM...
Old     (wakedv)      Join Date: May 2007       06-14-2007, 3:15 PM Reply   
That was funny..
Old     (boarditup)      Join Date: Jan 2004       06-14-2007, 4:22 PM Reply   
I sold a boat on e-bay. The I delivered it about 600 miles away. He put up $1,000 deposit and had a cashier's check ready. We dumped it in the water, took a test drive and test ride, took a good, hard look at it and we signed the paperwork. Not a big deal. I have an 05 X-9 for sale right now. Good boat, good condition, good deal at $42,900. I've been around and have a solid reputation that I work hard to earn and maintain. You have to decide if you can trust who you are working with....
Old     (rmdanie)      Join Date: Jun 2007       06-15-2007, 12:02 PM Reply   
Hello all. I just bought a 2002 Supra Launch SSV. I found it on Craigslist.org in the Denver area for $26K. I live in Arkansas but work every other week in Seattle. I hopped a one-way flight to Seattle, put a tow package on my jeep. Drove 1200 miles to Denver. Took the boat for a spin. PAid the guy and took off 1100 miles home to Arkansas.

So, I bought a boat site unseen and it was a wonderful deal. It runs great and was more than I expected. I am sure there are plenty of horror stories as well but mine went great. I am sure the seller thought I was nuts to go to that much trouble, but the NADA was 38K so I saved a bunch.

One recomendation I have for anyone buying a boat online is to talk to the seller multiple times. My seller was a wakeboarding instructor who already paid cash for a new version of the same boat. That made me feel really comfortable that I was getting a good one. I wouldn't have gone to the trouble if the seller seemed shady.

So, I say go for it if you feel comfortable with the seller. I wouldn't send money to Africa though. JMHO...

Peace,
Ryan
Old     (jrhurst)      Join Date: Mar 2006       06-15-2007, 12:26 PM Reply   
Ok , so i would run away fast from this deal !!
First , he thinks its a 2001
Second , he thinks its a v drive

No way anyone with half a clue will buy this boat !!!
Old     (jayc)      Join Date: Sep 2002       06-15-2007, 11:00 PM Reply   
Looks like a 2001 to me.
Ok he made a mistake with the V drive but loads of sellers do.
I reckon its a good deal.
Old     (yosquire)      Join Date: Jun 2005       06-16-2007, 9:20 AM Reply   
>I sold a boat on e-bay.

What kind of e-bay fees are you looking at on a $43k boat? Just curious...