Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through April 01, 2005

Old     (wyblea)      Join Date: Feb 2005       03-07-2005, 4:36 PM Reply   
Here are some pics from Moses Lake on 02/27/05..it was cold as sh(*&..but tolerable with a drysuit.

Old     (villageidiot)      Join Date: Feb 2004       03-07-2005, 5:48 PM Reply   
I was on the Columbia at Desert Aire on Sunday. Just as I drank enough beer and worked up the balls to jump in, the clouds rolled in. Dammit. Hopefully next weekend is just as nice. Boat said water temp at Desert Aire was 43 degrees.
Old     (kainishida)      Join Date: Feb 2003       03-07-2005, 6:47 PM Reply   
Hey Wyble
Nice to see your making use of your new boat. Let me know when you go out next, I'll bring a batch of Derailer. Guarantee it'll warm up the water.!!!
Old    bambamski            03-08-2005, 8:02 PM Reply   
Moses hole!!
Old     (tcluv85)      Join Date: Jan 2004       03-09-2005, 9:34 PM Reply   
You guys all get ashed over there last night?
Old     (villageidiot)      Join Date: Feb 2004       03-09-2005, 11:32 PM Reply   
Laci, in Crackivegas I was supposed to be right in the thick of it. People to the north and south of me got a dusting. I didn't get Sh$%#.
Old     (wyblea)      Join Date: Feb 2005       03-10-2005, 11:32 AM Reply   
We didn't get any in Moses Lake...I didn't see any in Ellensburg either.
Old    pate            03-10-2005, 12:26 PM Reply   
Kennewick didnt get any ash either...
Old     (villageidiot)      Join Date: Feb 2004       03-10-2005, 1:37 PM Reply   
I blame the media. ;)
Old     (wyblea)      Join Date: Feb 2005       03-10-2005, 10:27 PM Reply   
yeah...sounds about right to me. This weather has been great though. We went out a couple of days ago again...72 degree with 58 degree water..it was great.
Old     (villageidiot)      Join Date: Feb 2004       03-11-2005, 11:16 AM Reply   
WHAT?!?! On Moses Lake? Damn, I'm trying to go in the wrong spots... Adam, what's your experience with Moses Lake? I've heard comments about there being a lot of shallow spots, and possibly algae problems? I've never been but am interested. I know the water gets warm over there though. Though I'm trying to figure out how the water can get as warm as 58 degrees when it's been dropping to the low-30's at night.
Old     (kainishida)      Join Date: Feb 2003       03-11-2005, 3:10 PM Reply   
Hey Cal,
We're headin out on Moses Lake Today and Saturday if you think you can brave the 58degree water (probably 60 by now). I've been riding in Moses since forever and the water does get warm and there is a milfoil problem in the late summer. Let me know if your interested today or tomorrow. Also I work in Yakima so maybe I can bum a ride this summer. You go to the Rosa?
Old     (villageidiot)      Join Date: Feb 2004       03-11-2005, 4:16 PM Reply   
Kai, thanks for the offer. I'm actually heading the other way to Seattle this weekend. But I'd love to hook up with you guys sometime in April or beyond (in Chicago for next several weeks). I just moved to Yakima a few months back (from Seattle), but imagine will be getting some time in on the Roza once it warms up a bit. The sun goes down really early, so until this summer it's daytime only on the Roza. Desert Aire seemed like a pretty nice spot. But I'm planning on a lot of trailering this year. I'd appreciate it if you bummed rides...I know nobody in this town that wakeboards!!