Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 18, 2006

Old     (eastbayrider)      Join Date: Oct 2005       05-30-2006, 8:56 AM Reply   
Hey all I'm looking for people my age that ride?? Where are you guys??
I'm single and looking for people that have have same interest,...I have a hard time dating women that don't ride, they tend to get mad because all I want to do is be on the water.
Hit me up.
I'm in the Brentwood area.
Old     (screaminsacs)      Join Date: Sep 2004       05-30-2006, 10:29 AM Reply   
I would love to take the boat down to the Delta area, my father lives in Oakley, we've been out on the Delta a couple times, just never on our own boat. I can't seem to get my BF to brave it, he's worried about getting lost or hitting logs. We are both in your age ranges, he rides, and I'm trying to ride longer then 5 min
Where do you launch at? We are available to go riding during the week, it's difficult to find people that can go during the week.
Old     (buffalow)      Join Date: Apr 2002       05-30-2006, 10:38 AM Reply   
My whole crew(except the youngster that I train) are in that age bracket. We all ride because it is our passion and try to be on the water 2-3 days every week, and mostly during the week. Hit me up personally if you want to get on the rotation.
Old     (jeff359)      Join Date: Jun 2005       05-30-2006, 12:17 PM Reply   
Just turned 34, so just shy of that bracket. I'm not boarding this year because of injury, but if you guys are ever looking for a third, spoter, driver. I live a mile from Orwoods, and free almost all the time right now (not working because of said injury)

Jeffm359@comcast.net
Old     (tommyg)      Join Date: Apr 2002       05-30-2006, 12:32 PM Reply   
Michael, you're welcome to come out on my boat. I actually ride with a couple of guys who are Walnut Creek firefighters, you may know them. I'm out of town the next few weeks, but will be hitting it pretty regularly after that. I work from home, so occassionally I cut out for an afternoon session. We usually launch from River's End, occassionally from Orwood, and folks often meet up with us at Union Point.

Send me a note with your contact info, and I'll look you up next time we head out. tommytg@hotmail.com

Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       05-30-2006, 12:35 PM Reply   
yo buffalow, i want to get in on the rotation! we're moving to norcal tomorrow.

btw, i'm still under 40 and ride because i love it.
Old     (rnopr8)      Join Date: Apr 2005       05-30-2006, 5:37 PM Reply   
Once again I am too old
Old     (edandgem)      Join Date: Jun 2005       05-30-2006, 5:51 PM Reply   
Hey Michael, I like to ride and always looking for riders or just being a third. I am 47 so I have just a few years on you. I am in livermore so it would be easy to hook up. My boat is in the stereo shop and should get it back this weekend. Keep it touch
Old     (redv215)      Join Date: Mar 2005       05-30-2006, 5:58 PM Reply   
Michael - I am in Sac and ride all over the area. Have lots of friends in OUR age range that launch out of Orwood and River's end. Let us know when you want to go out and we can hook it up.
Old     (solo)      Join Date: Oct 2001       05-30-2006, 6:11 PM Reply   
Man I'm getting old for this crap! Good to see the old timers representing!

Old    crash_vin            05-30-2006, 6:24 PM Reply   
im 34 and would love to get on any rotation. buffalow i got my ds2 from you in manteca and would love to join you anytime you got room
Old     (byrd)      Join Date: Dec 2005       05-31-2006, 6:43 AM Reply   
I'm 37 and love to ride. The only problem is that I live in Florida, not California. If you can make it here, I have a pull or two with your name on it.....
Old     (olddude)      Join Date: Oct 2003       05-31-2006, 6:51 AM Reply   
I'm 46 and still love to ride also, still doing backrolls, but like Byrd, I live in Florida. If your ever out this way, I'd be more than happy to pull you. Just got an 06 220 TE.
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       05-31-2006, 8:30 AM Reply   
I'm 50 and I feel discriminated against. :-(

Except by Craig.:-) Thanks again for the day I was down in Palm Bay. I really do want to make another trip there whenever I can get the time. Life shouldn't be this hectic when your my age.
Old     (regalado1)      Join Date: Dec 2005       05-31-2006, 8:42 AM Reply   
50 is new 40. I think you're only as "old" as you let yourself be. By that rational, everybody on this site is anything but "old". Old people don't have this much fun.
Old     (tommyg)      Join Date: Apr 2002       05-31-2006, 8:58 AM Reply   
This thread is great. I'm 36 y.o. and we always seem to be the "oldest" boat on the delta. I've often wondered how much longer I can realistically ride before having to shut it down.

Good to see there are folks here still doing it up to and past age 50. Gives me hope that I'll still be tearing it up (or at least trying) for years to come...
Old     (solo)      Join Date: Oct 2001       05-31-2006, 9:44 AM Reply   
Isn't Umali like 50 now?
Old     (olddude)      Join Date: Oct 2003       05-31-2006, 10:49 AM Reply   
John, Anytime you want to come over, just give me a call, email me if you don't still have my contact info. John, most 40 year olds should ride as good as you do, backrolls, scarecrows, 3's, front flips and John hardly ever rides behind a boat, just the cables. I beat my knees up in younger days and want to try more but everytime I do, I get a vulgar reminder that I'm not as young as I used to be and to take it easy if I want to continue to ride.
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       05-31-2006, 2:57 PM Reply   
Thanks Craig, I've got your number in my cel phone.
Old     (keith2002)      Join Date: Apr 2006       05-31-2006, 3:13 PM Reply   
Michael - I'm 40 and my wife and I usually go out every weekend. We also have 4 kids , 2 that ride. I'm going to start taking time out during the week to ride in a couple of weeks when the ribs heel and would love to find others interested in weekday riding.
Old     (poser007)      Join Date: Nov 2004       05-31-2006, 3:42 PM Reply   
I wish I knew more people my age who road, I ussually hang with the twenty somethings and end up listening to their crappy music lol
Old     (screaminsacs)      Join Date: Sep 2004       05-31-2006, 5:34 PM Reply   
Keith- weekday riding is ideal for us, as soon as the kids are out of school for the summer. We have 4 kids too, three that ride.

Daniel- I hear ya on the music! We got all our kids listening to our "crap", haha
Old     (fyrdawg29)      Join Date: Mar 2006       05-31-2006, 7:15 PM Reply   
40 here... knees feel 60 but doesnt keep me off the water 2-3 times a week... always looking for new boardin friends.
Old     (kylielogan)      Join Date: Apr 2006       05-31-2006, 8:26 PM Reply   
ok, i'll fess up ... i'm 35(ish). if you tell anyone, though, i'll deny it! and michael - i hear ya about the dating thing. if a guy asks me out, he'd better ski/snowboard and wakeboard A LOT or he'll never see me ... i logged like 40 ski days this season and 10 volunteer patrol days and wakeboard or bike weekends in the summer, and i'm not giving it up for some boy!!
Old     (gary_in_ia)      Join Date: Jul 2004       05-31-2006, 9:04 PM Reply   
Hmmm...too bad I'm not in CO.
Old     (eastbayrider)      Join Date: Oct 2005       06-01-2006, 7:55 AM Reply   
Thanks for all the invites,....:-) I have a boat,... but would love to go ride on other boats. I'm off tomorrow, (Friday) then off again Sun/Mon hit me up lets ride. here my email scott4155@sbcglobal.net or give me a call at 510 919-3305cell or 925 240-5167,. I live In brentwood launch out Orewood, Never taken my boat to Rivers End How is that place?
Old     (wakeboardad)      Join Date: Apr 2006       06-01-2006, 9:23 AM Reply   
I too am an old guy who love's to ride the weekdays. Always looking for 3rd in the CT area.

By the way, someone once told me... you are only as old as the women you feel!!??

Mark
Old     (super_air)      Join Date: Jun 2005       06-01-2006, 10:04 AM Reply   
I am 40 and get out every weekend with the family and friends and since my wife is younger than me all of the people we go with seem to be younger as well. It doesn't stop/limit me from doing anything though. I have two kids that both ride, ones 12 and the other is 4 and it is something that we can all do as a family.
Old     (kylielogan)      Join Date: Apr 2006       06-01-2006, 10:06 AM Reply   
Cool - if we can swap that around, then I don't need to post on this thread anymore ... DOH!!!
Old     (keith2002)      Join Date: Apr 2006       06-01-2006, 10:28 AM Reply   
Screamin' Sacs - My kids are out of school on the 16th. I launch out of Orwood where are guys?
Old     (screaminsacs)      Join Date: Sep 2004       06-01-2006, 11:03 AM Reply   
Keith- Our kids are out on the 12th, we've never launched on the Delta, we've been lake people pretty much since we've owned our boat. We launched one time in Sac River, but thats about it. I'm always bugging Dan to go out to the Delta, we always see how calm the water is on our drive down to visit family, we just need to bring our boat down and give it a try. We live up in Sacramento.
Old     (sangerlover)      Join Date: Sep 2005       06-01-2006, 11:47 AM Reply   
I'm 43 and my knees are shot. Still limping around from Memorial day weekend. I still love hanging out on my boat and watching my kids and friends ride. Best rider on my crew is my 13 year old son who has no fear.
Old     (keith2002)      Join Date: Apr 2006       06-01-2006, 12:33 PM Reply   
Screamin' Sacs - What lakes do you usually go to? We like camping at Lake McClure, but are looking for other lakes for some weekend trips.
Old     (load)      Join Date: Jul 2003       06-01-2006, 1:01 PM Reply   
Michael--Rivers End is a good spot to launch. Ramp is steep, but just takes a little practice. There will be a group camping at Orwood this weekend with a few of us 40+ out boarding.
Old     (jon4pres)      Join Date: May 2004       06-01-2006, 1:04 PM Reply   
Micheal if they cant do it then tell them that my Mom can wakeboard. She learned last summer at 48 and has never played a sport in her life. She is in good shape but by no means any kind of athelete. The only board I had was a 142 at the time and it was way to big but she carved around on it for a good 4 or 5 minutes before she finally let go because she said her arms were tired.
Old     (superairdawg)      Join Date: May 2003       06-02-2006, 4:27 AM Reply   
I agree with AnT! You're only as old as you let yourself be. 40 here, and there are a handful of guys I ride with that are a few years older (and throw down HARD). I figure if you don't keep pushing yourself you just stagnate.
Old     (eastbayrider)      Join Date: Oct 2005       06-02-2006, 5:54 AM Reply   
This thread isn't about being old,..... It's about finding people in an age range,.... I'll be riding til the wheels fall off. Snow, Mt. Bike, Wake. When it's time to play I don't say no to anything.
So far found a lot of people in my area,.... if I have not contacted you,.... I got a list and know where to find you,... We are going out on Monday, Leaving out of Orewood. Anyone else riding Monday? We can meet up, Let me know. We have four in the Boat right now, still room for a couple of more.