Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (mac_48)      Join Date: Aug 2010       08-22-2010, 6:35 PM Reply   
I got a few nicks on the bottom of my new wakeboard the other day and they seem somewhat deep but I don't think they are fatal. Seeing them there and trying to get over that my new board was already dinged got me thinking (lol I know that a wakeboard is a tool and that it was going to happen sooner or later, I just was hoping that it would be later rather than the second day of owning it...)...how deep does a nick have to be on the bottom of your board before it starts to bother you enough or is bad enough that you decide to fix it and what do you fix it with?
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       08-22-2010, 6:41 PM Reply   
need pictures of knicks?location and depth.
Old     (mac_48)      Join Date: Aug 2010       08-22-2010, 7:14 PM Reply   
they are nothing awful, just a bit annoying when I noticed them. They aren't very deep and would just be considered scratches but you can feel the ridges of the scratch when you slide your fingers over it (not just surface but not halfway through the board). The bigger one is about two inches and they were just from being pressed against the side of the swim step doing tuck/getting up exercises in the water....lol....

I realize that they are nothing but it made me wonder when the outer layer is compromised, how can you tell and what can you do about it?
Old     (gnarslayer)      Join Date: Sep 2008       08-22-2010, 9:43 PM Reply   
hahaha your fine wont even get close to affecting you lol
Old     (bennn)      Join Date: Jun 2010       08-22-2010, 10:22 PM Reply   
**** happens man no need to worry
Old     (mac_48)      Join Date: Aug 2010       08-23-2010, 12:13 AM Reply   
lol....I know, I know.... it just got me thinking of how bad of a nick can a board handle before the outer layer fails...lol
Old     (kyle_L)      Join Date: Mar 2010       08-23-2010, 3:41 AM Reply   
alex if we all start posting pictures of the bottom of our boards you are going to be embarassed lol. mainly proses because not only does he sliders but then he goes into the parking lot to rub the bottom on concrete to look even more hardcore hahahaha