Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through November 07, 2008

Old     (bartush)      Join Date: Jan 2007       10-19-2008, 8:24 PM Reply   
SOO i wake up this morning. pack everything in my boat and cover it, pull the car up, huk up the trailer, and ready to drive an hour up to the lake. my friends stop by the house and we start trying some tricks on the trampoline before heading out.I do my usual set of tricks and try a back mobe. The handle kind of got hung up though, but since I am so used to landing them i tried to land on my feet anyway. Low and behold i land extremely crouched down while my right leg slips out from under my and rolls and i hear a loud POP! more shocked than anything i feel like my ankle might have broken. I have been icing it all day and elevating it and putting no pressure on it. It's the size of a baseball right now, but the worst part is yet to come... Today was supposed to be the last ride of the season since its getting coldd up here in wisconsin. and now my seasons over. *tear* until next year.

but anyway heres a little vid me and a couple friends put together to recap the season a bit up here in Wisco land.

Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       10-19-2008, 9:21 PM Reply   
hope it was not your achillies (spelling?)
Old     (zachcopp)      Join Date: Sep 2008       10-19-2008, 9:40 PM Reply   
I did something similar, but mine happened while I was riding. Landed way out in the flats and just came down weird. My foot shot through the front of my binding and my ankle popped really loud, then came out of socket when I was pulling back out of my binding. As a general consensus, if it swels theres a fairly good chance its not broken. Doc said I blew out the ligaments in my ankle, 3 on the outside and 1 on the inside. Only thing to do for it is elevate it alot and ice it alot. You will gain movement and strenght back in it fairly quick. I am 4 weeks out, its still swollen and hurts like crap when I try and board. But its all in the name of the game
Old     (bartush)      Join Date: Jan 2007       10-20-2008, 10:44 AM Reply   
yea just came back from the doc. its just sprained really bad. thank god. but my seasons still over and im sad.
Old     (liveoz)      Join Date: May 2002       10-20-2008, 11:00 AM Reply   
Bad sprains can be worse than a break. Make sure you rehab it or you will have problems for years to come.
Old     (luke_j)      Join Date: Jul 2008       10-20-2008, 12:19 PM Reply   
who said if it swells it's not broken? My ankle looked like a grapefruit when I broke it.
Old     (dppaneig)      Join Date: Feb 2008       10-20-2008, 1:10 PM Reply   
I sprained my ankle riding and let it heal for a couple of months. Everything felt great and I finished cleaning my boat. I jumped off of my platform onto the asphalt and sprained it again. It sucked, just be mellow with it and be glad the summers over. You will have plenty time to heal.