Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (slingshotrider97)      Join Date: Jul 2010       08-15-2010, 3:32 PM Reply   
im tinking about buying some 2010 byerly pro's. Anybody have an opinion on that
Old     (slingshotrider97)      Join Date: Jul 2010       08-15-2010, 3:33 PM Reply   
thanks
Old     (hyperlite)      Join Date: May 2009       08-16-2010, 4:00 AM Reply   
Still looking? I have some brand new 2010 byerly boas
Old     (geistwatersportscom)      Join Date: Dec 2006       08-16-2010, 10:09 AM Reply   
Lee what size are those Byerly Boa's? I might be interested.

-Rob
Old     (lfrider92)      Join Date: Sep 2008       08-17-2010, 11:54 AM Reply   
i would highly NOT recomend them.

they are very comfortable, but after about 2 sets, the top laces snap. i replaced them a good 10 times no exageration. then the material on the inside of the boot began to peel away. luckily my local shop is awesome. and he took them back and let me get a pair of hyperlite audios instead.

my buddy rides the byerly boa though, and the lace system is a little different on the tops, and he hasnt broke a lace. the metal rings they laces on the pros run through, just shreds them.

it wasnt just mine either. my dad had the same boots, and his laces broke all the time to. it sucks spending 400$ on boots, only to have to keep spair laces in the boat.

hope this helps!
Old     (ponder86)      Join Date: Mar 2008       08-17-2010, 1:34 PM Reply   
they have a replacement lace that works much better now. i had the same issue and haven't had a problem since I received the new laces.
Old     (lfrider92)      Join Date: Sep 2008       08-17-2010, 3:31 PM Reply   
oh that would have been cool to know. i emailed them when i first started having the problem. and a month and a half had passed before i ever got a reply. by which time my shop had already taken care of the issues.
Old     (slingshotrider97)      Join Date: Jul 2010       08-17-2010, 4:36 PM Reply   
thanks david, i was wondering if and ur dad ride really hard caus im only 13
Old     (lfrider92)      Join Date: Sep 2008       08-17-2010, 11:49 PM Reply   
my dad just edges around and does ollies, board slides, stuff like that. (blown knee)

and i can clear the wake both hs and ts, 180 hs and ts. backroll attempts every now and then if im in the mood.

i like my laces tight, but i mean i put them just as tight as i would my old 08 liquid force boots, and i used those boots over a year before one of the laces started to show any wear.