Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through May 12, 2008

Old     (mtownrydr)      Join Date: Apr 2008       04-30-2008, 8:24 AM Reply   
Hi, just looking in to getting a new set up for this season. Want to get an 07 140 LF witness w/ the new vantage boots. Anyone ridden either of these? Just looking for feedback- I am riding an 07 141 premier now are these boards comparable or greatly different?
Old    wakejjboard12            04-30-2008, 8:45 AM Reply   
i'm on the 07 jett which is the same shape as the witness and used to be on the 06 premier which is the same as the 07. i personally love the change. the premier felt like a tank. it was slow and super heavy compared to the jett. i guess it all depends on the rider though. best advice is to demo if you can.
Old     (onthewatermo)      Join Date: Jan 2008       04-30-2008, 8:49 AM Reply   
get it (online you can get the board for $200)...I currently ride a 07 136 LF witness and can offer the following testimonial:
-incredible pop (people I've ridden with for years are saying, "I don't remember you going that big")
-great design...breaks loose on command but otherwise holds strong and I have yet to catch an edge on it
Old     (mtownrydr)      Join Date: Apr 2008       04-30-2008, 8:57 AM Reply   
Thanks for the input. It's not a very talked about board but all the reviews I have heard are good.
Old     (el_rey_de_zapatos)      Join Date: Mar 2007       04-30-2008, 8:00 PM Reply   
I have been riding this board for the past year. Incredible pop and soft landings. A bit loose for my taste finless, use .08 LF fins and it's just the right mix. The pop is super consistent no matter how you hit the wake. Great wake to wake board, but also good out to the flats. One of the most under rated boards out there. If you are looking for a great popping board with little effort try this and also the Monarch.
Old     (timmylikewake)      Join Date: Dec 2006       05-01-2008, 4:12 AM Reply   
I rode the witness finless last year. I plan on riding it all this year too. I can say that I felt this board made me feel more comfortable and in control than any board ive riden. For me it popped the best, sat on edge like I wanted, and didnt kill my knees. Always try before you buy.
Old     (eternalshadow)      Join Date: Nov 2001       05-01-2008, 6:28 AM Reply   
I gave the board a ride to see how it felt. It's a fun board. I don't think I'll give up my substance for it. It has a less abrupt pop and transfers edges more subtle. The board offers great edge control and acceleration while offering a board that feels easy to break loose and play around on.
Old     (mtownrydr)      Join Date: Apr 2008       05-01-2008, 11:28 AM Reply   
I really like the way my premier rides it's just really heavy. I think I will demo the witness...for anthony I would most def be riding the monarch if I had the cash flow right now. I think I might just keep saving till I can afford what I really want.
Old     (johnm_ttu)      Join Date: Jul 2005       05-01-2008, 11:55 AM Reply   
I rode this board all last season and I agree with what everyone is saying. I want to second the comment that the board has great acceleration.
Old     (garret_s)      Join Date: Apr 2006       05-01-2008, 12:52 PM Reply   
for a second, I got the axis and the witness confused.

I rode the axis once, and it felt like a clown-board...then again, I was riding the 143, on salt for the first time.
Old     (bcail)      Join Date: Aug 2007       05-01-2008, 1:20 PM Reply   
Glad to hear how you guys like the board. I got one for Christmas (don't have a place to demo) and haven't gotten to ride it yet.
Old     (onthewatermo)      Join Date: Jan 2008       05-01-2008, 1:43 PM Reply   
I also got mine around Christmastime and spent the next couple months bouncing on a small trampoline with it (NOTE TO LIQUID FORCE REPS: that actually never happened and will not void any warranty for 'normal wear and tear'). When I rode it first set of the season I was timid (charge the wake then slow down and not stand up) and thought the board wasn't right for me, but after getting warmed up...most consistent vertical pop I've experienced and slides are more controlled than ever.