Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through April 01, 2005

Old     (big_ed_x2)      Join Date: Jul 2004       03-17-2005, 11:48 AM Reply   
3 months ago I posted about my truck getting stolen and how I just paid it off and didn't have full coverage on it.....FINALLY I got it today and I don't have to mention ,It's not in the same condition but it could be worse.I'm just glad it runs good like it did and It's not too bitten up,shell is missing and my personal information,the interior is just really dirty and looks like they spilled soda or beer in there but that's about it.
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       03-17-2005, 12:21 PM Reply   
congrats for gettin' it back.

sorry that it's in not so good condition.
Old     (wakestar8878)      Join Date: Oct 2003       03-17-2005, 12:46 PM Reply   
Don't worry Ed they'll get theirs, KARMA IS A M*THERF**KER!
Old     (tyler_o)      Join Date: Nov 2004       03-17-2005, 1:06 PM Reply   
Big Ed,

Been in the exact position your in now. I sold the one I got back within a few months. It just didn't feel right anymore. I wouldn't go so far as to say I felt violated or anything but it just didn't feel right. Are you going keep it now?

Old     (forwaken)      Join Date: Jan 2003       03-17-2005, 1:17 PM Reply   
Big Ed,

Ditto to what Joe said
Old     (oldguy)      Join Date: Nov 2001       03-17-2005, 2:49 PM Reply   
Big Ed,

Glad you got your truck back!!

Tyler,

Karma is "Justice without Satisfaction".

But I feel your quote so much more.

Tim
Old     (big_ed_x2)      Join Date: Jul 2004       03-17-2005, 4:47 PM Reply   
I'm gonna fix the ignition and the hosing for it and sell it.Lost only few grand compared to 10.
I went through hell to get it back too,missed work,spent a night at a motel in Bakersfield,walked 15min to police station and then almost 2 hours to the impound yard....Imagine that,police can't give me a ride,there is no taxi's or the bus!
there is so much more too but I'm gonna go chill in my hot tub right now and relax.
Old    lucky            03-18-2005, 5:09 AM Reply   
If the stole you personal information keep an eye on your credit to make sure they have not also stolen your idenity. If so that will be far worse then the for mention violation.
Old     (clubmyke)      Join Date: Aug 2004       03-18-2005, 6:45 AM Reply   
congrats ed !!!!
Old    clubjoeskier            03-18-2005, 7:17 AM Reply   
Glad you got your ride back. You must not have seen any of my posts. I live in Bakersfield, and might have been able to cart you around...AND give you a pull before you went home!! Never hurts to ask.....

Bad guys will usually get theirs...You just don't get to be around when it happens.

By the way, no taxi in Bakersfield? There's billions of them....
Old    mknwake            03-18-2005, 7:21 AM Reply   
My truck got stolen right out from under me...gas station. Got it back (2 broken axles and bent drive shaft, stolen stereo) thought everything was back to normal....

Bank calls:no money. not a freakin dime. They told me that I was the proud owner of a lot of new rims and tires....thanks! It is still affecting me somewhat...2 years later!!

Cancel anything related to your accounts!!
Old     (big_xstar)      Join Date: Nov 2004       03-18-2005, 7:29 AM Reply   
Glad to hear ed... but sucks to hear what you had to go thru to get it back...
Old    bambamski            03-18-2005, 9:06 AM Reply   
It's funny you mention that. I found a truck about three months ago, drove it around spilled some beer in it and had to take off the shell. Just the other day it went missing in the Bakersfied area... I guess I'll have to find another truck. Small world eh ED?
Old     (big_ed_x2)      Join Date: Jul 2004       03-19-2005, 11:11 AM Reply   
Pat ~ Funny,but those guys got arrested!

Thanks everybody for the positive feedback and yes I'm cancaling all my related accounts.

I still can't believe what GOOD of a shape I got it back in?!!!
Old     (big_ed_x2)      Join Date: Jul 2004       03-19-2005, 11:15 AM Reply   
As for those guys that stole my truck,after all the stuff I had to go through I was definetly gonna press charges and all but now thinking about it,those guys really have a sucky life and I don't think I have to make it any harder on them then KARMA is gonna do so call me a softy but I think this is where it ends!
Old     (dococ)      Join Date: Mar 2002       03-19-2005, 11:37 AM Reply   
Ed, glad you got your truck back, bro. Glad you and Ant have been getting linked up with so many NorCal riders, look forward to seeing you guys out there and hopefully riding together soon.
Old     (big_ed_x2)      Join Date: Jul 2004       03-21-2005, 6:59 PM Reply   
yeah I can't wait for all the good times ahead!
Old    hockeynriding03            03-21-2005, 7:53 PM Reply   
Ya this weekend I had 3k of stereo equiptment cleaned out of my suburban including W7, two amps and my receiver at the dealership while having it serviced. I just hope it turns up like your truck did.