Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (heath)      Join Date: Feb 2008       10-12-2010, 6:56 AM Reply   
OK, so i winterized my boat over the weekend and thought I did everything correctly. Then I had a conversation with a fellow boater and he asked me if i drained the block prior to running the pink stuff through the boat.

My answer was no. I basically ran the boat and got it to temperature and then hooked up 5 gallons of the pink fluid and let it run through. I did see the pink fluid come out the exaust.

My question is was this good enough. Did all the water get through the motor as a result of the pink fluid coming through the exaust.

Should I have anything to worry about?

FYI- i did end up pulling the plugs on the manifolds and the circulation pump but not the block.

Thanks
Old     (heath)      Join Date: Feb 2008       10-12-2010, 6:58 AM Reply   
One other note, what about the ballast system. The boat is a 2010 SAN230. I put the pink stuff in the ballast tank through hull outlets per the directions in the owners manual and ran the pump as if it was pumping out. Not sure what this was supposed to do.
Old     (islander033)      Join Date: May 2008       10-12-2010, 7:11 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by heath View Post

FYI- i did end up pulling the plugs on the manifolds and the circulation pump but not the block.

Thanks
I did the same. Then I pulled all my plugs....the pink wasn't as strong looking in the block as I would have hoped.

I would pull the block plugs too if I was you.....
Old     (heath)      Join Date: Feb 2008       10-12-2010, 8:25 AM Reply   
Doesn't the circulation start in the block first and then out to the rest of the engine and end up in the manifolds?
Old     (islander033)      Join Date: May 2008       10-12-2010, 8:28 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by heath View Post
Doesn't the circulation start in the block first and then out to the rest of the engine and end up in the manifolds?
I'm not sure about the circulating system route.....just reporting my observations.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       10-12-2010, 8:42 AM Reply   
some water will stay in the block if you don't pull the plugs.the best way to winterize is when you take boat out of the water pull the plugs block manifolds and trans cooler . then tow boat up a steep hill and back down steep hill. then put plugs in block and fill with antifreeze till it comes out of maniflods then put those plugs in. put blue stabil in gas tank and make sure it's full.
Old     (rallyart)      Join Date: Nov 2006       10-12-2010, 9:39 AM Reply   
Heath, you should be OK but I would also pull the block plugs too. Robert T's suggestion will winterize it extremely well.
I don't use antifreeze. I just drain everything while it's warm and then tow the boat up and down some hills and on some corners to slosh any water out the drains. I add my gasoline stabilizer before I do that sloshing to mix it up in the tank well.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       10-12-2010, 10:05 AM Reply   
i just use the rv type antifreeze so i can start up next season in the lake. and i do add stabil right before last outing in boat so the stabilized gas runs through the filter and injectors.i have a heater on my boat so i fill through heater hose while the nose of the boat is downhill. that way it's totally full and antifreeze is just extra insurance.
Old     (heath)      Join Date: Feb 2008       10-12-2010, 10:16 AM Reply   
With regard to the heater. I up hooked both hoses and blew air through to get water out of system. I then put a little pink stuff back in line and blew that into the heater core.