Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through August 06, 2007

Old     (boofer)      Join Date: Aug 2004       07-12-2007, 4:21 PM Reply   
Hello. I am going to install a stock depth finder in our 2005 X-2. I have planned it all out except for where the transducer goes. One dealer tells me to put it on the floor of the engine compartment. Another guy told me that he installs them in the hole where the plug is and one of the bilge pumps. I cannot see how there is enough room in the bilge area and the fins are directly beneath it. Supposedly, these boats come with a "flat spot" where a depth finder transducer is suppose to mount. If any owners of this boat with a factory installed depth finder could snap me a few pics of where their transducer is located, I would be extremely gracious.
Old     (boofer)      Join Date: Aug 2004       07-12-2007, 10:37 PM Reply   
Just a bump since there have been so many posts since mine. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Old     (1boarder_kevin)      Join Date: Mar 2007       07-13-2007, 6:18 AM Reply   
Mine is right after the PP padle wheel on my x1. The flat spot is visible under the boat and it is one foot in front of where the shaft comes out and six inches off the V towards the pasanger side. Make sure you will have uniterupted water where you put it or you will have flaky readings
Old     (etakk7)      Join Date: Apr 2006       07-13-2007, 6:57 AM Reply   
Mine is between the transmission and the gas tank, very close to the centerline of the boat. It is a factory mount. I will say though, that my depth finder doesn't work great above idle. Very inconsistent, especially on non-glassy water.
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       07-17-2007, 10:53 AM Reply   
our X-1 is same as 1boarder's, it didnt come with it, was added right to that spot... and it works well