Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through June 21, 2006

Old    nautiquexl            06-14-2006, 6:48 PM Reply   
I need a new trailer for a '93 Nautique Excel. My dealer is quoting me almost $4k for an Eagle tandem axle with disc brakes on one axle only. This seems kind of high after reading some previous posts. Can someone please help me out with some other options. I live in Delaware but would be willing to travel for a better deal. Thanks in advance.
Old     (greenpinky)      Join Date: Apr 2004       06-14-2006, 6:59 PM Reply   
Jeff, there's tons of trailers on ebay. I'd start my search there.
Old     (malibuboarder75)      Join Date: Jan 2004       06-14-2006, 7:24 PM Reply   
I bought a boat mate trailer for 2600. Single axle with 6000lb load strength, galvanized, swing away tongue, stainless steel fenders, LED lights, oil bath bearings, etc. Only thing is I have to pick it up in Tennessee.
Old    nautiquexl            06-14-2006, 7:44 PM Reply   
I really wanted to go with a Boatmate and gave Owen a call. He said that they don't have the Nautique Excel pattern available. I'd have to tow my boat down and leave it there while they designed and built the trailer. Normally, I wouldn't think twice about doing this but I don't think that my old trailer would make the trip.
Old     (rich_g)      Join Date: May 2003       06-15-2006, 7:07 AM Reply   
check the Equipment section on boattraderonline.com - used trailers are hard to find, you will see a bunch of listings for trailer dealers.

Any chance of repairing your old trailer? take it to an independent body shop or metal fab shop. You may come out ahead by fixing the old one.