Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through June 17, 2007

Old     (ivectoryou)      Join Date: May 2007       06-06-2007, 9:32 AM Reply   
Hi.

We just bought our first boat. It's a 2001 Mastercraft Prostar 195 with 120 hours on it. Looking forward to learning everything. Pics attached. Now I need a new truck because green and red isn't the best match!
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Old     (evil0ne)      Join Date: Sep 2006       06-06-2007, 10:09 AM Reply   
Looks very clean.
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       06-06-2007, 10:19 AM Reply   
Nice boat as evil said it looks very clean. A friend of mine has his tower in red and it looks very cool. Red and white are what I think of when I think of MC for some reason. Good job and congrats!
Old     (tommyg)      Join Date: Apr 2002       06-06-2007, 12:13 PM Reply   
nice boat. I would never sell my truck b/c it didn't match my boat, but that's just me...unluess i of course was looking for a reason to sell my truck.
Old     (mcx2ryd)      Join Date: Sep 2005       06-06-2007, 2:13 PM Reply   
Theres never a bad reason to get a new truck!!

Nice boat by the way!!! Welcome to the MC club!

(Message edited by mcx2ryd on June 06, 2007)
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       06-06-2007, 3:08 PM Reply   
Prostar 205, isn't it? Nice looking boat.
Old     (ronnyboy27)      Join Date: Nov 2005       06-06-2007, 3:29 PM Reply   
That boat looks really good especially for being a 01.
Old     (extremeisaac)      Join Date: Aug 2005       06-06-2007, 4:08 PM Reply   
is the motor loud? or is it pretty quiet?
Old     (ivectoryou)      Join Date: May 2007       06-16-2007, 10:54 AM Reply   
Nope, it's a Prostar 195 (not super common, I'm told).

About selling the truck to match the boat, you're probably right and I'm just going to be happy plus satisfied that I'm fortunate enough to have these luxuries.

I'm not sure if the motor is loud or quiet because it's my first boat and I don't have much to compare it to. I think it sounds great! I would lean towards loud.

We've had it out twice and it runs perfectly. The previous owner really took care of it and we plan on doing the same!
Old     (jaubrey)      Join Date: Feb 2003       06-16-2007, 12:11 PM Reply   
Congrats man! That is really sharp.
Old     (tyler97217)      Join Date: Aug 2004       06-16-2007, 12:44 PM Reply   
beauty man.... incredibly sweet for a first boat!
Old     (innov8)      Join Date: May 2005       06-16-2007, 1:03 PM Reply   
Congrats its a beauty!!!
Old     (ivectoryou)      Join Date: May 2007       06-16-2007, 4:03 PM Reply   
Thanks (everyone)!

Now I have to figure out how to go about picking out a ski and a wakeboard for a total old man beginner (41). No offense to any other dudes my age. I guess I need to find out where a good shop is in the Eugene/Portland, Oregon areas and rely on their advice.

Hell, I don't even know how much rope to use, but I'll find out.

I can't wait to convince my little girl (11 yrs. old) to give it a try.
Old     (closedtoe)      Join Date: Jan 2007       06-16-2007, 4:11 PM Reply   
For wakeboarding use a rope of 60-70 feet to start and as you get better go out farther. You could go to bridgecity watersports in wilsonville or active watersports in beaverton or oregon city to get wakeboard equipment. As far as skiing i have no clue.
Old     (ivectoryou)      Join Date: May 2007       06-16-2007, 4:27 PM Reply   
Thanks for the advice. I appreciate it. I'm also reading a lot about not making "power turns." I guess that just means to take it easy when I turn the boat around to pick up a rider who has gone down in order to keep the water as smooth as possible for everyone. Correct?

Dan
Old     (big_b_21v)      Join Date: Oct 2006       06-16-2007, 4:29 PM Reply   
For the beginners and the price you can get as good of deals at Joe's (formally GI Joes). Active is always a good place for everything also. They carry skis and wakeboards and a huge assortment of ropes and handles. Bridgecity seems to be pretty focused on the wakeboards only and their inventory isnt as big as the others.
Nice clean boat, congrats on the purchase. Hope to see you out on the water soon.
Old     (longlakerider)      Join Date: Mar 2007       06-16-2007, 7:28 PM Reply   
that engine looks so sick for somereason, props on the boat bro
Old     (tyboarder03)      Join Date: Nov 2003       06-16-2007, 7:30 PM Reply   
Pottsie- Try to get ahold of Active Water Sports in Oregon City... good guys that know their shizz. They won't steal your money, if anything they'll let you get more than you expected for it.
Old     (troymoto25)      Join Date: May 2007       06-16-2007, 9:26 PM Reply   
Go to your nearest shop & buy "The Book" wakeboarding instructional DVD series. It's awesome, teaches you the proper way to drive, ride, rope lengths, etc. Plus, it teaches your friends how to pitch in for letting them come with you. That seems to be a sore subject with most owners. Just make copies of the 1st & 2nd discs for all of your crew.

my .02
Old     (jetskiprosx)      Join Date: Aug 2004       06-17-2007, 8:07 AM Reply   
In Eugene, Staff Jennings has a small selection of wakeboard and waterski equipment, there is also Joes, and Sports Authority (is it open yet?) but they don't usually carry the high end stuff, nor do they usually know what they are talking about. I would also recommend checking out AWS in Portland or shopping online.

What lakes do you ride in Eugene? Fern Ridge is close, but can be very choppy and its not the cleanest of lakes. Its great in the early spring, though, because it heats up quickly due to its shallow depth. Cottage Grove, Dorena, Dexter, etc... all make for great riding lakes. A little further north and you have Foster and Green Peter (outside Sweet Home) and they are good, but on the weekend they can be crazy. If you are heading up to AWS to buy some gear, I would suggest taking the boat and the family and making a day of it. Along the Willamette in Portland there are some great sites, and places to dock up and eat. Taking a little cruise by boat is a fun thing to do!
Old     (attila916)      Join Date: Oct 2005       06-17-2007, 8:56 AM Reply   
Nice boat... really looks a lot like the 205 hull!
Old     (big_ed_x2)      Join Date: Jul 2004       06-17-2007, 9:01 AM Reply   
I'm with Evan and Attila....looks like the 205

Nice BTW