Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through August 04, 2006

Old    i_wanna_ride            07-06-2006, 12:04 PM Reply   
Anyone riding any time soon. Brought the car down from va, so whenever wherever, Holla
Old     (duffy)      Join Date: Feb 2006       07-10-2006, 3:54 PM Reply   
Hey David I Just bought another boat so just hit me up when you want to go.
Old     (dreevs)      Join Date: Jul 2002       07-11-2006, 5:35 AM Reply   
Dave - where you been man?
Old     (byrd)      Join Date: Dec 2005       07-11-2006, 8:28 AM Reply   
Duffy, What did you get? Never mind, I just looked at your profile. Nice Boat!!! Anytime you want to bring it over to the Winter Haven Chain, let me know.

(Message edited by byrd on July 11, 2006)
Old     (duffy)      Join Date: Feb 2006       07-11-2006, 3:31 PM Reply   
Hey Byrd I'll be calling you soon Ive been real busy but yea I went ahead and got my boat.So Ill have to come over and ride.
Old     (duffy)      Join Date: Feb 2006       07-12-2006, 11:34 AM Reply   
Dave your post is sinking bro if your such a serious rider why arent you checking your post.Dreaver said you never kicked down fuel $$$ Bro if you want to ride with people you got to chip in. We'll take you out just let he or I know, but if your not going to chip in for fuel Dreevs will pull you ha,ha Im just playin hollar when you want to ride.
Old     (byrd)      Join Date: Dec 2005       07-12-2006, 11:44 AM Reply   
Hey Duff, yeah I have been real busy as well. We(me, wife & Kids) just got back from the beach. I hope to get out and ride soon...
Old     (hypedrider7)      Join Date: Jun 2004       07-12-2006, 3:52 PM Reply   
Duffy, nice new boat man. I ride behind an '05 VLX. Its a sweet wake.
Old     (duffy)      Join Date: Feb 2006       07-12-2006, 4:15 PM Reply   
Yea bro just with the boat loaded with fuel and the wedge down is a sweet wake. Then when you load it holly $%#%! Im still working on my timing with this wake.
Old     (duffy)      Join Date: Feb 2006       07-12-2006, 4:30 PM Reply   
Jarrod if you ever want to come out with me to some different lakes hit me up. I go all over central Florida. 4th of July weekend we took 3 boats up to the springs bitchin time.My boy Dreevs rides in Ocala at Lake Weir and sometimes I'll head up there. In fact Im trying to get a bunch of Tampa area riders to all hook up with about 3 boats and just rip and maybe get some video.
Old     (hypedrider7)      Join Date: Jun 2004       07-12-2006, 4:58 PM Reply   
Do you ride much in Tampa? I work in downtown Tampa and live in St. Pete. So I am all over the place. Mostly we ride on Lake Tarpon or down in St. Pete. I know there are a few good lakes around the Tampa area.
Old     (duffy)      Join Date: Feb 2006       07-12-2006, 7:55 PM Reply   
Yea there are some private lakes but there are some really good lakes over toward lakeland.Bro Im telling you I found this one lake and Ive never seen another wakeboard boat on it,its sweet. The lake is deep so your wake is nice.Its pure butter so if you want to try it out let me know.
Old     (duffy)      Join Date: Feb 2006       07-12-2006, 7:59 PM Reply   
Im not trying to knock your lake Ive only been there once and it was so rough. Most everyone I talk to dislikes that lake.Im sure there are spots I dont know about but I would give it another chance.
Old     (hypedrider7)      Join Date: Jun 2004       07-13-2006, 5:43 AM Reply   
No worries. I don't mind the lake. We usually always have good water, but we ride after work during the week and in the mornings on the weekends. It gets rough during the day on weekends. But my friend lives there on the water and has one of the boats we ride on. The place we ride in St. Pete is almost always butter, but its salt. So there is alittle more cleaning to do.
I am up for riding where ever.
Old     (duffy)      Join Date: Feb 2006       07-13-2006, 10:02 AM Reply   
Good deal man we will have to plan a day in the next couple of weeks and rip.
Old     (byrd)      Join Date: Dec 2005       07-13-2006, 10:22 AM Reply   
Give me a call and I'll meet you in Lakeland...
Old     (duffy)      Join Date: Feb 2006       07-13-2006, 10:32 AM Reply   
Yea I sure will man . Did you read the post on thoughts and prayers thats so sad bro. That girl was young.
Old     (flboarder)      Join Date: Jul 2006       07-13-2006, 12:26 PM Reply   
Hey Byrd, whats up I noticed you live in winter haven, we should meet up sometime always looking for more people to ride with
Old    pitbull813            07-13-2006, 12:55 PM Reply   
Hey what's up Tampa riders?? I'm kind of new to the sport but I live on a private lake and I have a boat. I'd like to find someone with some experience to show me some stuff. If you're interested let me know. I would be happy to trade pulls or let you launch your boat on my lake, which is ALWAYS butter.
Old     (duffy)      Join Date: Feb 2006       07-13-2006, 5:13 PM Reply   
Derrick just let me know bro.My boat is at land O lakes right now.If you hit me up by tomorrow afternoon We could go early sat morning. I also have a guy not far from you who rips and he probably would come out and he's a good teacher.He taught me how to ride. Email your # to me and Ill call you tomorrow.Im stoked bro I want to get a good crew rounded up.
Old     (byrd)      Join Date: Dec 2005       07-13-2006, 7:46 PM Reply   
Charlie, YGM
Old    i_wanna_ride            07-15-2006, 12:40 PM Reply   
Yeah I know gas is expensive, i only threw down to get there cause i was strapped for cash, anyways im willing to spend a little cash on the gas to go ride a day like the last. I tried callin Steve but apparently hes not takin calls? Duffy what up, ill give u a call shortly. My bad Ted, gas would have been a kind gesture... That was the nicest boat ive ridden behind.. Lookin forward to ride....
Old    i_wanna_ride            07-15-2006, 12:44 PM Reply   
My bad about not keepin up with the Seriousness... Ive been doin a lot of skating down at 688 skate park... Just finished movin in to the new crib in palm harbor... Holla
Old     (ponyh8r)      Join Date: Dec 2004       07-16-2006, 8:35 AM Reply   
Hey guys,

I don't mean to hijack your post, but I might be moving to the Tampa area here within a few months. My wife and I both ride and own an 06' SAN 210. I was wondering where you guys ride down there? Looking on the internet I have done simple searches on wakeboarding in Tampa and come up with a lot of saltwater riding areas. Do you have freshwater? I would hate to put the boat in salt if I didn't have to. I am in the military and will be moving to McDill Air Force Base. Let me know....thanks.
Old    pitbull813            07-16-2006, 10:18 AM Reply   
Hey Mike, there are a couple places you can go. I guess one of the most popular or least popular as the case may be is Lake Tarpon. I say least popular because it is almost always choppy unless you get in an early morning set. It is a large large lake with easy access. Then there are always the private ski lakes, if you are lucky enough to have access to one they are your best bet. There is also Moon Lake but it is full of rednecks. I think Duffy knows where there are some good lakes in Polk county maybe you could talk to him. Then like you said in your post there is always the dreaded salt water, if you can find some that is calm enough to ride. I know a spot off the Courtney Campbell causeway that can be ok sometimes. Anyway good luck with your move and let me know if you make it to Tampa. I'm always looking for people to ride with.
Old     (taylormade)      Join Date: Jun 2001       07-16-2006, 4:07 PM Reply   
Mike, there are almost literally hundreds of small, private lakes to live/ride on around here... just get on Google Earth and look around. I live on a 150 acre private ski lake and have the lake to ourselves almost every night and every weekend until 3 or 4 or so. Check out Land o' Lakes, (should tell you something there), they are plentiful.
Old     (ponyh8r)      Join Date: Dec 2004       07-16-2006, 5:30 PM Reply   
Thanks guys,

I live in Texas right now and our local lake is 2 minutes away and it is very easy to ride during the week. I am hoping to still be able to get plenty of riding in when I move. I will hit you guys up in Sept. when I make it out that way.
Old     (dreevs)      Join Date: Jul 2002       07-17-2006, 6:02 AM Reply   
Dave - Duffys just razzin you bro. You were there for Laurie's topless ride right...?
Old    i_wanna_ride            07-17-2006, 8:05 AM Reply   
Ahh yes, Yeah i was there, pretty dag on funny... Are you guys gettin out this weekend. Its mon now, got school tues and weds. let me know.
Old     (dreevs)      Join Date: Jul 2002       07-17-2006, 11:29 AM Reply   
I think Im Keys bound this weekend, but I am out there every other...
Old    i_wanna_ride            07-17-2006, 2:21 PM Reply   
damn, im outa town the following weekend... Headed to the nations capital.
Old     (duffy)      Join Date: Feb 2006       07-17-2006, 2:22 PM Reply   
Hey mike there are plenty of fresh water spots to go just hit me up when you get here and Ill hook you up bro.
Old    delle            07-17-2006, 5:53 PM Reply   
Duffy, it was great meeting you again this weekend and im down for the trip to wier if you give me a little heads up. The new boat is sick, I would love to ride behind it once my knee heals up. It would be great to get a group together im always looking for new people to ride with.
Old     (duffy)      Join Date: Feb 2006       07-17-2006, 6:07 PM Reply   
Hey bro whats up. Im going to NC this weekend so Ill get back to you in a week and half.Get your crew ready and a few gals would help to.Ill holla.
Old     (duffy)      Join Date: Feb 2006       07-17-2006, 7:46 PM Reply   
Kyle if you get this hit me up bro. Bunch of us are getting together in a few weeks.