Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through November 07, 2006

Old     (byrd)      Join Date: Dec 2005       10-10-2006, 6:31 AM Reply   
I bought some bindings from a seller in the For Sale section and they came in ripped in a few places you could not see the rips from the pics and nothing was mentioned during the process. I have sent two emails and have received no responses. How long should I wait before I let everyone know the details and file a claim with paypal. BTW, I have purchased a lot of stuff from ebay and here and I have NEVER had a problem before.
Old     (dudeman)      Join Date: Mar 2005       10-10-2006, 6:54 AM Reply   
Are they a new WW member? If not, I'd give them around a week to see if they went on vacation. Also, I've had a few pair of bindings that I noticed were torn on the overlays, but I didn't catch it right away. After a week, if you don't hear back, let others know for sure.
Old     (byrd)      Join Date: Dec 2005       10-10-2006, 7:05 AM Reply   
No, he has been a member since March of 05. This is real obvious that the tears are on the heel, and the pics in the for sale show front view only....

(Message edited by byrd on October 10, 2006)
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       10-10-2006, 7:06 AM Reply   
nothng but good experiences here.
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       10-10-2006, 7:36 AM Reply   
i've had good luck so far too (4 or 5 different transactions)
Old     (acurtis_ttu)      Join Date: May 2004       10-10-2006, 8:29 AM Reply   
Me too, only good transactions.
Old     (nauty_tique)      Join Date: Nov 2005       10-10-2006, 8:40 AM Reply   
I had almost the same exact scenario, except I did a money order. At least you have some hope with paypal. The guy I bought from here was a member for a long while but hasn't been back since(to my knowledge) Good luck with it all.
Old     (robandrus)      Join Date: Feb 2002       10-10-2006, 6:06 PM Reply   
I lost $2,500 trying to buy an 02 tige 22v on Ebay for $15,000 buy it now. They ran a good scam and I didn't figure it out till after I had sent the money.
Old     (nickdakoolkat)      Join Date: Sep 2005       10-10-2006, 6:16 PM Reply   
I sold my 05 byerly a while back, and I was really only trying to sell the board but I decided to throw in some old HL Split bindings. One of the bindings did not have a pull handle (only used for yanking your foot into the binding) anyway the buyer saw the pics before hand, and I told him the bindings were old and I was really only charging him for the board. He got the board and was a bit disappointed by the bindings but was happy that he got a 3 month old byerly in mint condition for a great price.
Old     (greenpinky)      Join Date: Apr 2004       10-10-2006, 8:13 PM Reply   
Yeah, a few guys tried to take me with their SN2001 that was full of holes. I snuffed it out in time, but I was pretty upset. Cost me some money too.
Old     (99_slaunch)      Join Date: Oct 2005       10-10-2006, 8:37 PM Reply   
YES. I gave away a kneeboard. FREE!!!!! All I asked for was the shipping. The package was delivered and I still have not received the money. It's ben two weeks. It was only $20.00 I did not think I would get shaffted over $20.00 Just remember what comes around goes around!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old     (byrd)      Join Date: Dec 2005       10-11-2006, 4:40 AM Reply   
Well, he has responded to my emails, that's a good sign, so maybe we can work it out. If we cant, I'll let you know the details...
Old     (wakeguru)      Join Date: Feb 2003       10-11-2006, 5:46 AM Reply   
Damn, Aaron - that is LOW.

Good move giving this guy a second chance before calling him out, Byrd...although, I tend to believe this thread had something to do with the response you received. That's just me though...I don't have much faith in people these days.

Randy brings up a good point...I'd feel much more comfortable buying from a regular poster (regardless of how long they've been a member). You can learn a lot about a person's character by how they communicate on a discussion forum. Heck, you can learn something from just a screen name and a profile.
Old     (nj_alex)      Join Date: Aug 2002       10-11-2006, 6:07 AM Reply   
I bought a Temet wakeboard from a wakeworlder. I think he's a California team rider for Hyperlite, so the
board was barely used and practically brand new. He mistakingly sent me a set of Parks fins with it instead
of Belmont fins, but this was a minor problem. Over-all I was pleased with the transaction.
Old     (99_slaunch)      Join Date: Oct 2005       10-12-2006, 4:01 PM Reply   
The person who got my kneeboard contacted me and said the check would be sent out. So now I can say I have not ben burned. That now makes all 4 transactions good!!
Old     (byrd)      Join Date: Dec 2005       10-12-2006, 5:39 PM Reply   
Congrats! In my case, the seller agreed to take the bindings back and send me my money. As soon as I get the $$ I'll have a 100% positive record as well.
Old     (dizzyg)      Join Date: May 2005       10-13-2006, 9:44 AM Reply   
I got burned by an ebay auction from a member of this site. Didn't send the board, didn't send the board, I started calling, emailing, leaving messages. I finally had the board shipped to me, in nothing but a box, no foam or anything.