Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old    Chaserwaser            04-21-2010, 11:57 AM Reply   
So whats the difference between ' 10 watson and 10' watson classic and obviously the hybrid is flex, I am interested in the Classic this year I think only because its a 3 stage and they have a size that would fit me perfect it seems like because im on a 132 ronix one and they have a 130 classic which is right where my weight is im 120lb and 5'5"ish what you guys think anyone ride this board?
Old     (Luker)      Join Date: Feb 2010       04-21-2010, 12:02 PM Reply   
Watch videos:

http://www.liquidforce.com/wakeboard...n-classic.html

http://www.liquidforce.com/wakeboards-watson.html

http://www.liquidforce.com/wakeboard...on-hybrid.html
Old    Chaserwaser            04-21-2010, 12:03 PM Reply   
At work , cant.
Old     (andrew_moreton)      Join Date: Feb 2003       04-21-2010, 12:04 PM Reply   
2010 Watson Classic = last year's Watson shape with 3 stage rocker, molded in fins. Great shape. Comes in 130, 134, 138, 142.

2010 Watson = Watson's new shape with removable fins. Sized up 1cm from last year's (Classic) board so 135, 139, 143 I believe.

2010 Watson Hybrid = Hybrid flex core of 2010 Watson. Has the same bottom features and removable fins. Same sizes as 2010 Watson.

I think board size is a personal preference, but at 120 lbs, you could easily ride a 134 or 135 size board. Most will agree that bigger is generally better.
Old    Chaserwaser            04-21-2010, 12:07 PM Reply   
I feel the longer it is thought the harder it will be to rotate or lift for grabs? I mean how would the pop of Watson Classic compare to the one or ibex?

Last edited by Chaserwaser; 04-21-2010 at 12:09 PM.
Old     (blowhole)      Join Date: Nov 2009       04-21-2010, 12:13 PM Reply   
stick with your one unless the board is beat to hell. why drop 300+ on a 2010 that will be $100 off in the fall
Old    Chaserwaser            04-21-2010, 12:17 PM Reply   
K money I do like the one but its just really "slugish" to me I want something with a little more omph and a killer pop
Old     (andrew_moreton)      Join Date: Feb 2003       04-21-2010, 12:20 PM Reply   
Go with the Watson or Watson Hybrid then. Luker and I would recommend the Hybrid if you can get your hands on one. Both boards are really fast, have tons of pop, and land soft. And a bigger board isn't really going to slow you down that much, but it's going to be some much easier to ride out sketchy landings on a bigger board when you don't land perfectly.
Old     (benjaminp)      Join Date: Nov 2008       04-21-2010, 12:38 PM Reply   
If you notice the five centimeter difference when you are spinning or grabbing...I dont even know what to say to you. Its not going to be noticable in your riding beyond what Andrew just said.
Old    Chaserwaser            04-21-2010, 1:07 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by benjaminp View Post
If you notice the five centimeter difference when you are spinning or grabbing...I dont even know what to say to you. Its not going to be noticable in your riding beyond what Andrew just said.
Actually I believe it does make a difference , would you go out and buy a board 5cm longer then what you have right now? Chances are probably not, now maybe 1 - 2cm difference is alright.
Old     (andrew_moreton)      Join Date: Feb 2003       04-21-2010, 1:11 PM Reply   
For being 120 lbs, a 134 or 135 board is probably going to be better than a 130 for you. I'm 160 and ride the 139 Watson Hybrid and have ridden 141s in the past. A 130 is a small board.
Old     (cheesydog)      Join Date: Mar 2009       04-21-2010, 7:13 PM Reply   
agree on the watson hybrid and agree on the size. Dude get at least a 134, u can handle it and will be better for you in the long run.
Old     (ColoRadDude)      Join Date: Mar 2010       04-23-2010, 12:13 PM Reply   
Yes, I agree, get a bigger board. I've got the 2010 Watson 139, you are more than welcome to give it a shot once we hook up. Hopefully this darn weather clears up soon! I was used to the old style Watson, but after getting used to the new one, I love it! Talk to you soon.
Old     (ColoRadDude)      Join Date: Mar 2010       04-23-2010, 12:14 PM Reply   
Actually, you can come out with us someday when the LF rep is with us and tride whatever you want. Tommys is having a big thing going on tomorrow if you want to check it out, I know the LF rep will be there.
Old    Chaserwaser            04-23-2010, 12:48 PM Reply   
Yea text me !
Old     (kyle_L)      Join Date: Mar 2010       04-23-2010, 1:08 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaserwaser View Post
I am interested in the Classic this year I think only because its a 3 stage
The Watson boards have always been 3-stage since the helix..
Old     (gene3x)      Join Date: Apr 2005 Location: Dallas , TX       04-23-2010, 6:42 PM Reply   
What is the difference between the old and new style Watson? I thought the shape has been basically the same since 2006 (or what ever year the all black model was). The newer one rides that much different?
Old     (etang789)      Join Date: Jul 2009       05-07-2010, 5:42 PM Reply   
Whats the reason for getting the Hybrid over the regular Watson?

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrew_moreton View Post
Go with the Watson or Watson Hybrid then. Luker and I would recommend the Hybrid if you can get your hands on one. Both boards are really fast, have tons of pop, and land soft. And a bigger board isn't really going to slow you down that much, but it's going to be some much easier to ride out sketchy landings on a bigger board when you don't land perfectly.
Old     (cheesydog)      Join Date: Mar 2009       05-09-2010, 6:46 PM Reply   
hybrid is more fun! Its lighter, thinner and the the flex is subtle, wont give u any problems, but just makes the board feel more alive.
Old     (etang789)      Join Date: Jul 2009       05-10-2010, 9:18 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheesydog View Post
hybrid is more fun! Its lighter, thinner and the the flex is subtle, wont give u any problems, but just makes the board feel more alive.
I dont think Watson Hybrid is thinner nor lighter than the regular watson
Old     (etang789)      Join Date: Jul 2009       05-19-2010, 9:39 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheesydog View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by etang789 View Post
I dont think Watson Hybrid is thinner nor lighter than the regular watson
Ok sorry I was wrong new boards came in today to the local LF dealer. I have compared LF 2010 Watson 139 and LF 2010 Watson Hybrid 139 side by side. Watson Hybrid is slightly lighter, and noticeably thinner.

Actually the top part of the board are completely different, I guess the Watson Hybrid has a less ridge top to make the board more flexible in comparison.

And to my surprised that the grind base has a slightly more defined(as in the ribs are sharper) hull shape than the regular base. So seems like the grind base Watson Hybrid have a slightly softer landing and tracks slightly more?