Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through May 21, 2003

Old    bigd            04-30-2003, 5:34 PM Reply   

Old    k2_mn            04-30-2003, 5:43 PM Reply   
WTF? I have never seen a V8 outboard!
Old    chris_hargis            04-30-2003, 6:02 PM Reply   
Yep, as long as you don't mind wakeboarding at over 100 mph, of course the hull on that boat looks rather flat.

Bob, what will it run? Is it home made, or does a company actually make a V-8 outboard?
Old    bigd            04-30-2003, 6:19 PM Reply   
Not an expert here... Saw the pic & had to post it. I did a little searching and it looks like Evinrude built these back in the 80s - up to 300HP. Skeeter bassmaster like the mutha... The damn bass boats on my lake are already out of control. Just think what would happen if bubba got ahold of one of these suckers. And then put this prop on it...

Old     (monstertower)      Join Date: Mar 2003       04-30-2003, 6:55 PM Reply   
Maybe you can set the world wakeboarding speed record!!! That prop look like 30" pitch, you need to take the jack plate way down and put a lower pitch prop to pull mutch out of the water.
Old    bigd            04-30-2003, 7:08 PM Reply   
Thse pics were posted over on extremeboatsmag.com.

All I know is my hero is standing there, budweiser shirt on, beer in hand, cutoff jeans, and fiddlin' with the boat in the backyard...

Now THAT is the life brutha...
Old    leggester            05-01-2003, 6:12 AM Reply   
Geez! Look at the pitch on that prop!

What is it a 32?
Old    swass            05-01-2003, 6:16 AM Reply   
I had a 150 hp V6 OB, but that's a beast.

I just saw a commercial last night for a 4-stroke Honda PWC. Ewwwww.
Old     (aneal000)      Join Date: Feb 2002       05-01-2003, 7:26 AM Reply   
I think my dad had one of those Evenruide V-8 motors back in the day, he was/is a big time BASS fisherman and I remember his metal flake Champion with the 225 Evenruide trying to teach me how to ski. I learned to get up on two skies, slalom, and kneeboard all behind a big old outboard! So, yeah I think it will work!
Old    swass            05-01-2003, 7:27 AM Reply   
I call them bowling ball boats.
Old     (aneal000)      Join Date: Feb 2002       05-01-2003, 7:33 AM Reply   
After relooking at the pics I can't believe no one said anything about the classic rags in the drain plug holes! I wonder if he actually runs it that way, or if he was just..., well I don't know what they would be for? Or the Arkansas license plate... :-)

On a more serious note, you think that thing is a 2 stroke? I can't remember any old outboards being 4 stroke. That would be pretty impressive then....
Old    chris_hargis            05-01-2003, 7:47 AM Reply   
Until very recently, the boats on the Pro Bass Circuits were limited to 250hp motors. That has now been changed to allow up to 300, so you may see those come back very soon. I have a 200 hp EFI on my boat and it is the same motor as the 175 and 225, just tweaked differently (bore and stroke), and with different gearing. Mercury does not have a V-8 in it's line right now. Even the 300+hp drag racing motor is a V-6.
Old    leggester            05-01-2003, 8:11 AM Reply   
Hey now, don't make fun of Arkansas.

You know the tooth brush was invented there don't you?

Otherwise, it would have been called a teeth brush!

j/k.
Old     (jroyal)      Join Date: Jan 2003       05-01-2003, 8:14 AM Reply   
I like the Budweiser T-Shirt.