Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (hawk22)      Join Date: Jul 2006       06-10-2010, 9:22 AM Reply   
For the most part, boat is running pretty darn good. There a just a couple little annoying issues I was hoping to figure out...

1.) Perfect pass is not holding true. Went out this last weekend and the perfect pass didn't seem to hold very well. I had it set to 21.5 I believe and It was dropping as low as 19.3 to as high as 22.5. I usually have a little play, but that range was really affecting the consistency of the wake. I notice it holds better when there is less weight in the boat (ie the time before last we just had 3 ppl and all gg ballast filled, but pp stayed consistent, whereas this time time we had all GG filled and 6 ppl in the boat and it fluxed). should I empty ballast, when I have more ppl in the boat?

2.) Got my Krypt HLCD setup in with new EQ and built a new amp rack. system sounded great for about the first 3 hours, then it started "popping" though the speakers. It sounded like a CD was skipping, the only problem was that it continued to make that sound when Ipod was disconnected and no CD was actually playing. I gave it a rest for awhile and it worked again for a short bit, but did it again. I want to blame it on hot amps or something, but I thought over heated amps would just shut down... any ideas?
Old     (tyler97217)      Join Date: Aug 2004       06-10-2010, 9:32 AM Reply   
I am sure your issue with the PP is setting your KDW and your NN differently. If you look at the manual for PP you can make adjustments and I can't remember what those adjustments are, but that is probably a simple fix. Some folks on here will have some suggested settings for you.
Old     (dave27)      Join Date: May 2005       06-10-2010, 9:33 AM Reply   
Go to the perfect pass site and read up on how to adjust your settings. I don't remember the terms but the heavier the boat the more "something" you need to adjust. You should be able to adjust PP to work great no matter what weight you are running. as long as the paddle wheel is in the water, that is.
Old     (joesell)      Join Date: Apr 2001       06-10-2010, 9:49 AM Reply   
As stated above, turn the kdw way, way up. The more you turn it up, the better it'll be when your sacked out. If you go to far, it might hunt when empty. I turned mine almost all the way up, and I didn't have that problem.
Old     (tyler97217)      Join Date: Aug 2004       06-10-2010, 9:55 AM Reply   
I want to say i used to run my kdw at 180 and nn at 90... not positive though
Old     (hawk22)      Join Date: Jul 2006       06-10-2010, 10:24 AM Reply   
ummm...sorry to be completely ignorant, but what the heck is kdw and nn? And are the located on the perfect pass near the engine or on the dash display?
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       06-10-2010, 10:27 AM Reply   
Hawk, you go into the PP menu on the display to adjust them. The stereo is going to be a voltage issue.
Old     (kent_harmon)      Join Date: Feb 2010       06-10-2010, 12:03 PM Reply   
Hey Jeremy,

To adjust those settings, turn the PP off. Then hit the menu and up button at the same time. Hit the menu button to cycle through the menu options. The KDW and NN settings will be there. I would set the KDW setting at around 180 and the NN at about 70. Try it out, and if it is doing the same thing adjust those settings closer to each other. For example drop the KDW down and the NN up untill it is working correctly. Hope this helps. I usually just run my PP in RPM mode at about 3275 rpms for 23 mph. I just like how it is still a consistant pull but the throttle isnt changing up and down all the time

Last edited by kent_harmon; 06-10-2010 at 12:06 PM.
Old     (johnny_defacto)      Join Date: Sep 2006       06-10-2010, 9:59 PM Reply   
Yeah, RPM mode works really good if you ride a long lake and do not have to turn... otherwise, you will have to play with the settings and get it dialed in. I had to keep adjusting the settings everytime I would add more weight, it is just okay now, better than what yours sounds like.

good luck, the guys at PP are great help.
Old     (hawk22)      Join Date: Jul 2006       06-10-2010, 10:28 PM Reply   
So I'll prob just try some adjustments like y'all have stated. Thanks, I had no idea that was even an option so I hope that will help. If not, sounds like the peeps at PP are helpful.

As far as voltage goes...does that mean add a 3rd battery? Or diff alternator?
Old     (jonblarc7)      Join Date: Jul 2006       06-11-2010, 5:41 AM Reply   
I was having the same problem with my 24v not hold speed. I was getting ready to call perfectpass until I read this thread yesterday.

I changed my KDW and NN just like Diggs said and put them on 180 and 90. It held perfect and only fluctuated mabe .5 each way.
Old     (hawk22)      Join Date: Jul 2006       06-29-2010, 11:45 AM Reply   
Well, I think I'm getting some things figured out. My PP was setup completely opposite kdw 80, nn 180, so I reversed it and holding much better. I also called the people at PP and they were super helpful. My speed on PP went went bonkers this weekend and they helped me calibrate. Very good customer service from PP.

As far as the popping from the stereo I think it has something to do with my EQ. Had the exact same thing happen this weekend...worked for about 3 hours, then stopped and started popping, etc. No thermal or low voltage lights on the amps were on. I figured the best method would be process of elimination so when it stopped working, I bypassed the eq and ran RCAs directly to the head unit and it worked just fine. So I guess maybe I got a bad EQ.

One other thing I noticed while out this weekend....with FAE do you still get air bubbles coming up between your swimstep and boat? I never noticed it before, but I thought my FAE had fallen off. It was still attached so I assume I just never noticed it before...
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       06-29-2010, 1:13 PM Reply   
Yes thats normal with FAE. It only disperses the CO when in motion (it requires the prop wash to mobilize the gas). I believe someone tested it when sitting and it registered the same as a boat without FAE.