Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through October 28, 2007

Old     (themxercr85)      Join Date: Jul 2007       10-01-2007, 5:22 PM Reply   
Tint, and painted black tower? I really want to do this but not sure how it would look. Mine is an 07 with white graphics. any one got pics, or is that good at photoshop?

thanks
Old     (mvl)      Join Date: May 2004       10-01-2007, 6:07 PM Reply   
Not sure about painting the tower, but heck, go for it, post some pics I guess. I'm not a paiter but I guess there's a way to get something to stick to it, but in my opinion, it would ruin it.
Old     (detonate69)      Join Date: Apr 2001       10-01-2007, 6:14 PM Reply   
If you want the tower black powdercoat it. You won't be happy with paint, it will chip and just not hold up like powdercoat.
Old     (steve_b)      Join Date: Feb 2004       10-01-2007, 8:35 PM Reply   
Here's a black X with black speaks. I thought it looked sweet....but pretty high mainenance as far as water spots. Black tower would be cool....tint sucks. looks great until you drive it. Very hard to see with certain weather conditions.
Upload
Old     (themxercr85)      Join Date: Jul 2007       10-01-2007, 10:08 PM Reply   
When I said paint I didnt literally mean paint, sorry, I know I would have to get powder coat.

Steve great lookin boat, I love the all black. But tint looks soooo good. What happens to it after a while?
Old     (jaubrey)      Join Date: Feb 2003       10-02-2007, 5:54 AM Reply   
Well maybe we have been lucky, but we have a black X30 with tinted windows and have had no problems with it. We didnt go very dark on the tint, just 20% and it turned out great. Never have a problem seeing out unless its at night and I look over the windowshield anyways.

To each their own, but if we get a new boat, we will get tint again.
Old     (xaggie)      Join Date: Nov 2002       10-02-2007, 6:24 AM Reply   
I kinda cringe when I imagine what that transom would do to my butt after sitting in the Texas sun all morning ...
Old     (wakeboard19)      Join Date: Apr 2005       10-02-2007, 9:39 AM Reply   
Tint it for sure. I couldn't be happier with ours tinted. It helps when the sun is about to go down and you are driving into it.
Old     (themxercr85)      Join Date: Jul 2007       10-02-2007, 10:00 PM Reply   
Pics?
Old     (misfits1981)      Join Date: Aug 2007       10-02-2007, 10:42 PM Reply   
steves boat is sick. i look at it everyday. I think if you did the window frame black it would be enough. the tower would be too much. tint would be nice too.
Old     (themxercr85)      Join Date: Jul 2007       10-03-2007, 6:42 PM Reply   
Steve who? I saw a 22ssv on another thread that is all black, with black tower and no tint. It looks bad azz, but i also have white graphics and his is solid black.