Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (erdjohnson)      Join Date: Jun 2014       06-15-2014, 5:55 PM Reply   
I’m a fairly new Wakeboard boat owner and I’m having a problem with my Tachometer. All the sudden it won’t stop beeping. I got the boat (2002 Tige 2100v limited) a little over a year ago, and enjoyed a problem free summer last year boating with my wife, kids and friends. Even though it’s old it’s in excellent condition. The only thing that is new is this spring I upgraded the stereo, replacing the original Clarion and the 2 remotes with a Kenwood receiver and 2 remotes, one in the dash and one on the transom. Now when start the boat, the tack starts beeping and won’t stop unless I hold down the “M” (menu) button on the bottom of the tach. The tach (Faria Commander) works (displays the RPM) when the engine is running, and also correctly displays the air and water temp on digital readout on the tach. However the engine hours appears to reset to zero each time I turn the key on. I took the boat to a local boat shop, and he replaced the water pump impeller (had not been done in a while) and hooked the engine up to a computer and did not find any fault codes or problems. The engine (MerCruiser 350 Towsport Mag MPI) runs fines. The mechanic gave up and told me to call Tige. I looked under the dash to see if I could find any wires that I might have knocked lose when installing the new remote for the stereo (or any other obvious problems) but everything looks OK to me. (Since the new dash remote doesn't need the extra dash light connections, there are 2 disconnected wires that I'm not sure what to do with). Any ideas what to look for or what to tell the next shop I take it to as a place to start? Thanks very much for any help or ideas!
Old     (meathead65)      Join Date: Sep 2006       06-15-2014, 6:45 PM Reply   
I'd start at the faria website and download the operators manual for the gauge.
Old     (erdjohnson)      Join Date: Jun 2014       06-15-2014, 8:36 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by meathead65 View Post
I'd start at the faria website and download the operators manual for the gauge.
Already did any it does not even mention any alarm in the tach, so I'm not sure what it is trying to tel me. Thanks!