Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Video and Photography

Old     (bbking)      Join Date: Dec 2006       03-04-2007, 8:08 AM Reply   
well i'm going to start off saying i'm 15 so my budget is not huge, i'm fine with ebay or if anyone has an offer to me i'll be open to possibilities

my history is filming/taking photos with my digital camera, but the quality isn't great so i'd either like to get a good camera or preferably video camera for a good price too!

i currently have and will have a mac for the next couple years so i need something that will not be a pain in the butt to work with my computer

i'm good with computers though so that won't be a problem

i'd like to avoid using tapes/mini dvds like in our old handycam, its a pain, i want something like the newer ones where you can just store the videos to the camera itself and then use and dispose with it as you please (or i think that is how it works)

my uses will be for : wakeboarding and other things on the lake, videotaping me and my family/friends dirtbiking probably as much as wakeboarding...

maybe a little bit of skating for my friends, and just family things or vacations as that sort

sorry for this long list but i'm trying to get my background as clear as possible, i hope you guys (or girls) can help me out!

thanks
Old     (caskimmer)      Join Date: Apr 2006       03-05-2007, 8:40 AM Reply   
Are you willing to wait a month or so until all the new photo/HDV hybrids are available? (and we have better idea of image quality) because there are a lot of exciting products being introduced this week that won't be immediately available.

I know I'll likely be replacing my current "pocket camera" with Canon's Powershot TX1. It's a 7.1MP pont and shoot that also captures 720P HD video on a SD flash card for $499.
Old     (bbking)      Join Date: Dec 2006       03-05-2007, 12:49 PM Reply   
ya, i'm not rushed, but i will not be spending any more than $400 hopefully... but i would like to get something by the beginning of July