Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through April 21, 2006

Old     (fullspeed)      Join Date: Oct 2005 Location: Santa Cruz County CA       03-30-2006, 10:04 PM Reply   
I want to share my testimony with all of you @ WakeWorld the kind of customer service I received from Duane at NVS.

I recently bought from Duane a pair of their Tyrant NVS speakers. I don't want to go into how awsome the quality of the product or how loud and clear these tower speakers are, but to tell you a little bit about Duane.

I had my dealerships recomended stereo shop install my stereo system and Tyrant tower speakers. And they did a very good job, but a question surfaced regarding power, ohms and a possible problem with one of my speakers. I contacted Duane and he offered to call the stereo shop to answer question they had.

Duane called me back and told me that he felt that he needed to drive to the stereo shop and check out the situation himself. Duane was coming from San Jose and driving to Salinas to do this which is about an hour away with some traffic. After a short while he called me back and told me that there was a small problem and wanted to take the speakers back to his shop and a replacement part may be in order. I told him it would be fine.

Needless the say the stereo installer felt that he had spent a lot of time on these speakers and made it a point to let me know how much his bill was getting up to. Apparently in frustration he had also told Duane about his bill. Duane on his way back home called me and told me that he was willing to pay for the installers time spent and offered to install my tower speakers himself and adjust my amp if needed.

Well today Duane did do that for me and once again he drove to Salinas and installed my Tyrant speakers for me and fine tuned my amp for me as well. My speakers sound great and I am more than pleased with the out come. After spending some time at the boat dealership installing my speakers and adjusting my amp he again offered to help pay for my installation bill, which I told him I was just grateful that he took care of me.

Duane if you read this thank you again for all that you have done for me and all that you had to put up with. I know you are a very busy person and to drop what you were doing to make a customer happy means a lot to me and others I am sure you have come across.

Brannon

Old     (ian30)      Join Date: Jan 2005       03-31-2006, 6:52 AM Reply   
OK, I have a story too, not as good, but still about good customer service. Last year I swamped my boat, had a leak over the amp running to my addictions and it ended up completely frying the voice coils so they couldn't move at all. All I heard was, "Hey, theres smoke coming from the tower speakers and apparently I couldn't unhook them fast enough. I talked to Duane, and he promptly sent me out a new pair of the midbass drivers at a good price (maybe cost, maybe not, but cheap compared to the cost of a complete set of addictions) so I could install them myself and get going again as fast as possible. He made sure I felt comfortable installing them myself and told me to call him if I had any questions that he could help me with. I appreciate the timely manner that he sent them out in, and for not soaking me on the price of the replacement speakers as he is the only one that has them (custom made for his application). Thanks again Duane, and I hope to thank you in person at Spring Ride.
Old     (tyler97217)      Join Date: Aug 2004       03-31-2006, 7:00 AM Reply   
That is awesome. Great customer service!
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       03-31-2006, 7:25 AM Reply   
Todd and Duane are cool. They custom fabricated light system mounting brackets to match my NVS mounts.

These guys are good for the industry!
Old    swass            03-31-2006, 7:30 AM Reply   
That's outstanding.
Old     (ripr)      Join Date: Mar 2002       03-31-2006, 7:35 AM Reply   
Wow, that's amazing.

Now, if I could just figure out how to afford a set of those...don't forget the amp(s)!

Does NVS have layaway?

My buddy has a set and they're nothing short of unblievable.
Old     (deuce)      Join Date: Mar 2002       03-31-2006, 8:43 AM Reply   
That is VERY impressive!

It is always good to read the positive side of things happening out there.
Old     (hsmunoz)      Join Date: Nov 2004       03-31-2006, 10:08 AM Reply   
ditto on NVS, Todd came over multiple times helping me with mounting brackets and tips on setting up the amp.

great guys to deal with. Love my Entities!
Old     (liveoz)      Join Date: May 2002       03-31-2006, 11:06 AM Reply   
No surprise, Duane spent quite a bit of time with my installer (on the phone) as they had never dealt with anything like the Addictions before. I also spent quite a bit of time on the phone with him before the purchase as he answered all of my questions.

I don't know if he will always have the time to continue this level of support, but I am sure as NVS grows, his employees will respect his work ethic and dedication.

Oh yeah, I needed to come up with a new signal yesterday for "turn the music down a little" while riding. Yes it was that loud!

Props to Duane and NVS
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       03-31-2006, 11:16 AM Reply   
Troy,

When I need one of my boys to turn down the NVS' I cup my ear to signal for "listen" then proceed to use the thumbs down.

Works everytime.

I can't beleive we are saying this.
Old     (billthom)      Join Date: Apr 2005       03-31-2006, 11:26 AM Reply   
Troy,

Were did you go to have your NVS installed? I'm looking for something local as well (If I don't do it myself) and looking for recommendations if you have any...
Old    mendo247            03-31-2006, 11:40 AM Reply   
Great to hear all the good experiences! This is exactly why i went with nvs on my ride..I cant wait to hear them on the water! Personally im tired of all the hype for all these new hlcd tower setups that are being released.. Seems like every time i turn around someone is stating they have a product that is louder or cleaner than NVS.. Obivously a few of them have came and gone but i also think this i good for nvs cause it pushes them to improve on their products...Itll be interesting to see if any of these new ones live up to the hype..
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       03-31-2006, 11:55 AM Reply   
On the other hand, I hope they continue to hold the biggest market share for pro audio tower speakers. I believe they deserve to. They are to blame for this movement.
Old    mendo247            03-31-2006, 12:54 PM Reply   
J-Rod- I've Seen some of this stuff first hand and i dont think they have anything to worry about... i dont see anyone beating the customer service either...
Old     (liveoz)      Join Date: May 2002       03-31-2006, 2:00 PM Reply   
Bill,

Mine was done at Stereotomy (sp) in Issaqua. They are just a block from the Malibu dealer and do a lot of the new boat installs with tower speakers. They certainly have experience with installs in boats and did a clean job on mine but like I said, they were a little confused on how the NVS were supposed to be installled to the amp. Duane just walked them through it. This was a year ago, mabey they have installed more since then.

J-Rod

thanks for the tip, that will be our new signal as well, We went from a song with heavy bass to a song with lots of highs and it was just too much. And that was with my speakersox and rain covers (stuff bags) still on the speakers. Upload
Old     (dizzyj)      Join Date: Jul 2003       03-31-2006, 2:28 PM Reply   
nice! sunday I get to ride for the first time with my tyrants installed. Its also the first wakeboarding event in austin, so I think ill turn some heads :-)
Old     (fullspeed)      Join Date: Oct 2005 Location: Santa Cruz County CA       04-01-2006, 1:10 PM Reply   
Duane if you read this, I played my new Tyrants that you installed and my neighbor that live five houses down came over to see where the music was coming from. I only had it turned up to 25. We had it turned up to 45 at the dealership. Five houses on my block is really a far distance, well beyond wakeboard distace away. Thanks again you rock.
Brannon
Old     (nvsairwarrior)      Join Date: Aug 2003       04-01-2006, 6:02 PM Reply   
Brannon,
Thanks very much for the thread and kind words from everyone. Todd and I are just glad that everything worked out and that you the customer(s) are happy.
Hope to see you all at the Spring Ride.
Thanks again and have an NVS ride,
Duane
Old     (norcalmalibu)      Join Date: Jun 2004       04-01-2006, 6:25 PM Reply   
Sounds like great customer service! Keep up the good work!