Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through May 22, 2006

Old    jdheiden            05-08-2006, 9:17 AM Reply   
So last season I pulled out 2 taps in my wakeboard where the bindings screw in. I'm getting ready for this season and I wanted to know what my best bet is on repairing them. I still have one of the metal pieces that goes in the wakeboard, but the other one is gone. What is the best fix I can do to keep this thing riding for another season?
Old     (heavymtlthunder)      Join Date: May 2006       05-08-2006, 10:00 AM Reply   
Maybe try gluing them back in with something like JB Weld or some other 2 part epoxy adhesive. I work in construction and we use hilti or c7 type epoxy to set anchors in concrete. That stuff is indestructible. You can usually find it at nut/bolt supply or construction supply houses.
Old     (kingskrew)      Join Date: May 2004       05-08-2006, 7:04 PM Reply   
I don't think I would trust my knees and ankles to jb-welded foam. I would say that your safest bet (other than replacing the board) would be to t-nut the insert. This will cosmetically be the most ugly way to do it, but should structurally be the best. Drill a hole thorugh the board, and install one of these bad boys from the bottom up:
Upload

I haven't ever done it myself, but have heard of others doing it, and having it work flawlessly. Won't be pretty (from the bottom) but should do the trick. Good luck!

-Steve
Old     (thane_dogg)      Join Date: Jun 2002       05-08-2006, 7:11 PM Reply   
one problem with the jb weld idea, is that your board isn't concrete. I would go with the option Steve suggested, or get a new board.
Old     (kristian)      Join Date: Nov 2002       05-08-2006, 7:16 PM Reply   
Yeah not worth the risk, get a new board.
Old     (snyper1d)      Join Date: Mar 2005       05-08-2006, 9:45 PM Reply   
move your bindings
Old     (bailey)      Join Date: May 2001       05-08-2006, 9:54 PM Reply   
Even if you move the binding you are going to have a very weak mounting point which means it is going to be very easy to rip that binding off again. Those things shouldn't come out which means you could probably get a new board under warranty. I have torn bindings out in the past and the board is pretty much garbage after that happens.
Old     (pittsy)      Join Date: Apr 2004       05-08-2006, 9:57 PM Reply   
new board..i did the same thing to my board at the cable park..and mine was so screwed up..i didnt even try to fix it..new one for sure
Old     (carcrz)      Join Date: Mar 2006       05-09-2006, 5:06 AM Reply   
take it to your board shop & ask what they think. Sitzmark out here has been very helpful w/ any questions that I have.