Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through April 21, 2006

Old    anamilasti            04-03-2006, 6:35 PM Reply   
has anyone ever wake boarded behind a jet boat? im thinking of getting one. im new 2 wake boarding but was wondering if their any good 2 ride behind? do they make a big enough wake? also y do u need a tower what dose it do? thanks guys. ps im lookign at buying the new sea doo 2005 challenger. and what would be a good brand, new boat, to buy if that isnt good enough that is a good price?
Old     (99_slaunch)      Join Date: Oct 2005       04-03-2006, 6:55 PM Reply   
You would be better off buying a older direct drive than a jet boat. The price you spend on a sea doo you could get a nice ski/wake board boat
Old    anamilasti            04-03-2006, 7:08 PM Reply   
i can get a good deal from what i c on the sea doo. $ 22,000 cdn. new. what would be a boat around that price for me? also with the sea doo can u add a ballist to it?
Old     (kingskrew)      Join Date: May 2004       04-03-2006, 7:15 PM Reply   
SeaDoo jet boats are very nice boats, but NOT for wakeboarding. They're simply not designed to make a good (big, nicely shaped) wake. You could probably have a lot of fun wakeskating behind one, but for $22k you could find something MUCH better for wakeboarding (although there's not many 'brand new' boats in that price range).

-Steve
Old    anamilasti            04-03-2006, 7:18 PM Reply   
theres nothign you can do to make the wake better? ballast?
Old     (greenthumb)      Join Date: Mar 2004       04-03-2006, 7:24 PM Reply   
Ryan,

We have a 99 Moomba Outback DD for sale right around that price range with a tower and lights,sub woofer/speakers, Sony head unit, new snap on cover and the boat has low hours. We are in Wasaga Beach Ontario. Here is the link to the boat.

http://www.wakeworld.com/MB/Discus/messages/8/261638.html?1144112920
Old     (hyperlitenrd)      Join Date: Jan 2003       04-03-2006, 7:26 PM Reply   
you can put ballast in any boat. But there is no much of a point to it, since the way to boat is, it doesnt want to make a big firm wake. The jet drive, makes a soft, bubbly wake. No good for wakeboarding. You are from canada, so im gonna go out on a limb and guess you either ski or snowboard. Imagine going off a new firm ramp, or trying to jump off a mound of poweder. That is the diffrence. If you can find any mid 90s malibu master craft or correct craft you are in fat wake city. but other people can tell you more about which used boat to get.

oh and towers. stand up, hold onto your desk, and try and jump, notice you are limited to how high you can jump. now imagine you were holding onto a bar above your head, it is much easier to jump to your maxium abilty. that is what towers are for, it is easier to get more air. And for beginers to get up.
Old     (crghou)      Join Date: Jun 2005       04-03-2006, 7:32 PM Reply   
I have gone wakeboarding behind a jet ski. It is going to be about the same deal and trust me is sucks. My neighbors had one at the lake and I have seen it out. They said it was hard to keep a constant speed and it was decent for skiing and tubing but you can only do so much. The wake isn't that good and you can move the boat around really easy by cutting hard behind it. I would suggest sticking w/ a regular boat.

(Message edited by crghou on April 03, 2006)
Old     (99_slaunch)      Join Date: Oct 2005       04-03-2006, 7:34 PM Reply   
Ryan
look in the classified for sale. Look at boats 5yrs and older. You can find a nice wake board boat for that price. I paid $23,000 for mine with all the accessories.
Upload