Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through July 21, 2005

Old     (john15)      Join Date: Jul 2005       07-02-2005, 2:15 PM Reply   
I need a new board. I want a board that is good on sliders because i ride the cable alot and i ride wit no fins. I've been thinking about the hyperlite roam but i was wondering if its a good board to ride and jump wit.
Old     (more_betterness)      Join Date: Sep 2004       07-02-2005, 3:55 PM Reply   

Don't expect hyperlite or any other board company to warranty any board if you use it on a slider. Do you live near a boardshop that will let you demo? I would recommend demoing a few boards. Every board company has problems with boards and from what I have been told, is that the roam has had problems with delamination and cracking at the inserts. Hyperlite makes good stuff so I do not want people taking this has I am bashing on them but try riding boards from other companies you might be surprised in what you find. My only question is if you ride at a cable park alot why don't you buy some crap board to destory and save your good board for the lake? Best of luck with your decision.
Old     (rson)      Join Date: Jun 2002       07-03-2005, 11:11 PM Reply   
Yeah you can jump on the roam. It will teach you proper edgeing real quick

Old     (muddyboss)      Join Date: Oct 2003       07-04-2005, 1:19 AM Reply   
jeezus, the rider just about disappeared behind the wake! photoshop work??
ma$$ivE!
Old     (rson)      Join Date: Jun 2002       07-04-2005, 6:38 AM Reply   
The only shop work was the photomerge.

Here is the same trick on video:
http://www.wakepics.com/view_single.php?medid=15509
Old    mike_collins            07-04-2005, 6:51 PM Reply   
Peeked Interest.

What boat... and how is it loaded? That wake is insane!
Old     (rson)      Join Date: Jun 2002       07-04-2005, 8:21 PM Reply   
That boat is a 2004 LSV 23. It has about 10 people in it with about 2500 pounds of ballast and 8.1 litre engine. The weight is divided 60/40
Old     (thane_dogg)      Join Date: Jun 2002       07-04-2005, 9:43 PM Reply   
is that your boat rich? that thing is....interesting.
Old     (rson)      Join Date: Jun 2002       07-05-2005, 7:50 AM Reply   
Nope, Honors go to Chris Wynn. WaterSki America helped transform this blue on blue LSV. All the hardware, rubber and chrome had to be taken off. Then a 3m wrap was applied. Kind-of like wallpaper

The man goes BIIIIIIG