Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (ironj32)      Join Date: Jan 2007       07-17-2014, 8:32 AM Reply   
Scott Stewart and JD Webb spent a few days up here in Minnesota, back in June. Here's a little piece I put together from their water time here. If you've never seen Scott ride in person, this video does not do him justice...he goes absolutely huge with everything he does.

from jay on Vimeo.

Last edited by ironj32; 07-17-2014 at 8:37 AM.
Old     (hawkeye7708)      Join Date: Feb 2007       07-17-2014, 10:49 AM Reply   
Great video, Jay! it shows that big air VERY well
Old     (brett33)      Join Date: Apr 2011       07-17-2014, 11:07 AM Reply   
That was awesome. Talk about two dudes throwing down. That sunset double SS hit was nasty!
Attached Images

Old     (CRS_mi)      Join Date: Jul 2011       07-17-2014, 11:40 AM Reply   
Great vid. Love watching both those guys ride. I've really been looking seriously at buying the Webb board but I only ride boat and the fact that I never see him riding it behind the boat anymore instead of his B-side makes me a bit hessitant.
Old     (hyperlite)      Join Date: May 2009       07-17-2014, 12:25 PM Reply   
Corey the Webb board is a good board for boat. I have both the b-side and the Webb. They just suit different styles and different wake types, IMO. But no doubt the Webb is solid.

It could also be a preference thing for him as well.
Old     (brhanley)      Join Date: Jun 2001       07-17-2014, 12:34 PM Reply   
Legit method to Switch Method opener for JD = super unique and badass.
Old     (LYNRDSKYNRD)      Join Date: Sep 2012       07-17-2014, 12:58 PM Reply   
What's the name of the video on vimeo I can't get it to play from the forum.
Old     (ironj32)      Join Date: Jan 2007       07-17-2014, 1:39 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by LYNRDSKYNRD View Post
What's the name of the video on vimeo I can't get it to play from the forum.

"mn fun with scott and jd"
Old     (LYNRDSKYNRD)      Join Date: Sep 2012       07-17-2014, 1:43 PM Reply   
Thanks!
Old     (wakedaveup)      Join Date: May 2012       07-17-2014, 1:47 PM Reply   
I think it'd be really cool to see a Scott Stewart and Kieth Lyman video riding together. Those two guys take everything into the flats and have such similar riding styles. Keith has always been one of my favorite riders and Scott is quickly jumping up there too.
Old     (ironj32)      Join Date: Jan 2007       07-17-2014, 2:04 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by wakedaveup View Post
I think it'd be really cool to see a Scott Stewart and Kieth Lyman video riding together. Those two guys take everything into the flats and have such similar riding styles. Keith has always been one of my favorite riders and Scott is quickly jumping up there too.
Agreed. I love seeing big 'ol backside 180s into the flats. Not only is Scott a great rider, he's one of the nicest guys you'll meet. As is JD. They both spent 5 days with my wife and I, and it was nothing but a good time.
Old     (spencercoon)      Join Date: Mar 2011       07-17-2014, 4:12 PM Reply   
So good! Scott stewart is really fun to watch. JD as well. He seems to have really stepped up his game lately. I think his style and tech tricks are on a whole new level.
Old     (hyperlite)      Join Date: May 2009       07-18-2014, 8:11 AM Reply   
JD and scott both are great guys. JD seems to have found a whole new side to his career, and with his daughter being born it seems to be his main motivation. Bummer HL couldnt hold on to scott and had to let him go.
Old     (fullspeed)      Join Date: Oct 2005 Location: Santa Cruz County CA       07-18-2014, 9:19 AM Reply   
Scott was a great additon to the Sling Shot Team. He goes huge and it is on a Flex Board, in case the Sling Shot haters were not paying attention. lol JD is going off and his style is alway fun to watch. Thanks for sharing the footage.
Old     (spencercoon)      Join Date: Mar 2011       07-18-2014, 12:10 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by fullspeed View Post
Scott was a great addition to the Sling Shot Team. He goes huge and it is on a Flex Board, in case the Sling Shot haters were not paying attention.
Not sure who "all the slingshot haters" are but there are plenty of us that aren't sold on the whole "flex is best" theory for behind the boat. I think slingshot is currently leading the industry in their board construction materials and quality. They also offer a couple of "stiffer" boards specific to riding mainly behind the boat.....which should tell you something...

FYI- all boards flex a little

SORRY FOR THE THREAD JACK...don't want to steer the comments away from the great Vid.

Last edited by spencercoon; 07-18-2014 at 12:13 PM.
Old     (hawkeye7708)      Join Date: Feb 2007       07-19-2014, 7:45 AM Reply   
One thing I would be curious about from Scott would be if and how the feel of thinner / lighter profile of Slingshot compared to say ,the Murray board is when you're going THAT big. I know when I went from a more traditional profile to the slingshot profile it felt much different…. and I'm no Scott! haha
Old     (bill)      Join Date: Feb 2001       07-19-2014, 8:10 AM Reply   
he is riding a bigger board than he normally does to offset the landings I believe he told me.. hes on a 143 and he used to ride a 139
Old     (CRS_mi)      Join Date: Jul 2011       07-19-2014, 8:16 AM Reply   
When he was on the Murray or Union he was using the 142. He likes bigger boards.
Old     (ironj32)      Join Date: Jan 2007       07-19-2014, 8:22 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye7708 View Post
One thing I would be curious about from Scott would be if and how the feel of thinner / lighter profile of Slingshot compared to say ,the Murray board is when you're going THAT big. I know when I went from a more traditional profile to the slingshot profile it felt much different…. and I'm no Scott! haha
His board with SS is quite heavy and not nearly as flexy as the typical SS boards. It was actually much, much heavier than my Code22.
Old     (hawkeye7708)      Join Date: Feb 2007       07-19-2014, 9:15 AM Reply   
Interesting… I wonder if they've added some extra glass to his Reflex… or maybe it's just the graphic that's Reflex
Old     (bill)      Join Date: Feb 2001       07-19-2014, 10:33 AM Reply   
he says its a prototype
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       07-21-2014, 6:37 AM Reply   
AWESOME Vid Jay! Nice work homie.

There is a great lesson in this video of how to fully ride up the wake! Both guys especially Stewart are using every inch of that wake, so patient with it and getting all the lift humanly possible.
Old     (monkey_butt)      Join Date: Sep 2011 Location: Twin Cities       07-21-2014, 8:21 AM Reply   
this is the stuff I could watch all day sitting in the boat and never have the urge to ride myself ... then I would cry myself to sleep ... still hit the rewind button around 1:00 when he's falling and not falling ...