Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (rlsv211)      Join Date: Oct 2009       03-16-2013, 12:10 PM Reply   
I went into California Marine Sports CMS and wanted a new board. I could not believe how many boards they have. I know I want a skim style board just because they are easier to deal with on the boat. I have a Calibrated 57 but I want just a little more push I have gained a few pounds and need just a little more. I kind of have it narrowed down to Phase 5 Trident or a custom Victoria. I am pushing 250 again so I need just a little more.Name:  482270_10152640517485024_2015753615_n.jpg
Views: 1023
Size:  35.4 KB
Old     (WakeDirt)      Join Date: Jun 2011       03-16-2013, 1:29 PM Reply   
Well I was there on Thrs and spoke with Mitch, that guy def knows his stuff, cool cat. I currently have a 52 piscus for my skim, and will be switching to surf-style for the summer, therefore probably selling the Piscus Pro. The Victoria Factor PCX 52.2" (the carbon looking one) Def caught my eye. I am a die hard Piscus guys and that Victoria looks very very sweet IMO. Talk about wakesurf Mecca...damn that place is badass.
Old     (rlsv211)      Join Date: Oct 2009       03-16-2013, 4:57 PM Reply   
I like that they carry more than just the wakeboard brands. If I was going to go surfstyle i would go Soulcraft. I rode one of their boards a few years ago and I was impressed. I would have bought one then but the skim style boards are just so much easyier to have on the boat. I love my Piscus but it is just a little small. My plan is to wait till it gets a little warmer and demo a few. It sounded like they have a good demo program. It's a little scary to drop a bunch of money without trying it first.
Old     (dougr)      Join Date: Dec 2009       03-17-2013, 2:59 PM Reply   
i am 6'4 250 (need to drop 30) and the trident is a great board, i have a bunch of others and its one of my favorite boards.
Old     (MCObray)      Join Date: Mar 2013       03-17-2013, 6:22 PM Reply   
That is quite the selection. I wish there was a shop nearby where I could visual on products and actually touch/hold boards to get a feel for the quality of them. Good luck with your search, nonetheless.
Old     (rlsv211)      Join Date: Oct 2009       03-18-2013, 6:00 AM Reply   
@doug rose What kind of wake are you on. Mine is on the smaller size so that is why I am looking for just a little more. The 5' Trident was large. The shape and fin set up is just what I want. I have tried a few other Phase 5 and they have been slower than my Calibrated. I have not tried this one yet. I think the Trident changed a little for this year. I am hoping CMS will have a Demo board. Dropping that much money on a board with out trying it scares me. Well really my wife scares me but they are related.
Old     (drnate)      Join Date: Jul 2006       03-18-2013, 7:13 AM Reply   
Talk with Mitch while you're there. He has never steered me wrong
Old     (rlsv211)      Join Date: Oct 2009       03-22-2013, 8:52 AM Reply   
I stopped by yeaterday. They have a demo of the Trident coming in April. I think I will wait and demo first.
Old     (sainttige10)      Join Date: Feb 2013       03-22-2013, 9:12 AM Reply   
after dealing with MITCH,my wife said we will buy all of our boards from them.when the wife is happy.....the whole house is happy.THANKS MITCH AND CAL MARINE!DEF TONS OF KNOWLEDGE and GREAT CUSTOMER SERVICE.