Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (Moose99)      Join Date: Jun 2011       06-03-2012, 8:31 AM Reply   
I know cable isn't huge on here but I'm kind of surpirsed nobodys posted this yet, This has to be the craziest rail contest ever. These top three runs are amazing. Raph Derome is a boss
http://www.sbcwakeboard.com/news_article?news_id=762
Old     (Frozenwhite)      Join Date: Jun 2011       06-03-2012, 9:38 AM Reply   
Did you watch it live?
Old     (Moose99)      Join Date: Jun 2011       06-03-2012, 1:46 PM Reply   
I watched part of the webcast, but it was kind of stop/start for me and it got a little annoying after a while. It was working great in the qualifying rounds, but it was pretty much unwatchable in the knockout rounds.
Old     (jperkinsttu)      Join Date: Mar 2008       06-03-2012, 1:56 PM Reply   
Pretty sweet ride by Raph. Looked like his run was a step above everyone else for sure
Old     (nuckledragger)      Join Date: Jun 2004       06-03-2012, 10:07 PM Reply   
That whole set up was sick!
Old     (Moose99)      Join Date: Jun 2011       06-05-2012, 9:31 AM Reply   
Here's most of the webcast right here: http://www.sbcwakeboard.com/video_di...ne-Rebroadcast
Old     (Kane)      Join Date: Mar 2010       06-05-2012, 9:52 AM Reply   
Thanks for sharing, Raph's run was amazing.

Quarter pipe on a wakeboard just looks lame though imho.
Old     (TheHebrewHammer)      Join Date: Jun 2011       06-05-2012, 11:35 AM Reply   
Ya, the quarter pipe is lame, but I believe it will get better. It's the newest thing. If it sticks around for a few years, progression will inevitably take over.
Old     (alevitt)      Join Date: Aug 2006       06-05-2012, 2:28 PM Reply   
I honestly think the quarterpipe is actually too small. If you think about the transition length of the quarterpipe in relation to board length is just doesn't add up. Think about snowboard quarterpipes or halfpipes, and yes I know this is wakeboarding and you can't hold an edge riding up a quarterpipe, but a longer/smoother transition would allow riders to go bigger. I guess these are still kind of in their infancy and we may see an evolution in the near future.
I think I was more impressed by the Rock to Fakies on a wakeskate than anything that was thrown on a wakeboard.
Old     (Kane)      Join Date: Mar 2010       06-06-2012, 3:18 AM Reply   
I can't see it ever taking off. With a snowboard the surface allows the rider to edge and provides traction for spins, on a skate board the axls allow similar motions but with a wakeboard it's just a rider loosing speed while they climb a solid wall on a solid board.....some things just don't transition from one sport to another and this is one.
Kinda like the little rail they put at the end of the System 2.0 in Defy. I'm sure it was very difficult to hit but not much fun to watch.
Old     (tripsw)      Join Date: May 2006       06-06-2012, 6:46 PM Reply   
Yeah it's nuts, this setup. Anyone seen the footage from FISE? http://extreme.com/wake/1021963/high...wake-fise-2012 Europe is rocking these days!