Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through July 21, 2005

Old     (angelamonson)      Join Date: May 2004       07-12-2005, 7:42 AM Reply   
Hi all, anyone going to Pateros this weekend. Should be a blast. They are having their apple pie jamboree. Great weather and conditions.
Old    milo_lite            07-12-2005, 9:33 AM Reply   
funny... "pateros" means illegal immigrant smugler in spanish, wondering how that place got its name. just a thought..
Old     (angelamonson)      Join Date: May 2004       07-14-2005, 7:56 AM Reply   
I have no idea....but if you do a search on this site, you'll find that it is a popular place to wakeboard. maybe it was brought up from Mexico by the pickers
Old     (nuckledragger)      Join Date: Jun 2004       07-14-2005, 9:17 AM Reply   
Milo lite,great profile pic. That is great use of your tower for things other than riding!!!!
Old     (villageidiot)      Join Date: Feb 2004       07-14-2005, 7:16 PM Reply   
Hey Angela, I met you over Memorial Weekend at Pateros, I think? Have fun over there, but be sure to pull your boat out at night. Mine ended up getting stuck in the water for some time after they dumped the level of the lake about 8 feet on the morning of the 4th of July. We eventually ended up backing the trailer down the rocks and drug the boat out boucing the prop guard on every rock below the ramp, after we couldn't wait any longer. And careful of the sand bars...there's apparently one right off the hotel dock that I never knew was there... and the water may be lower than usual. But have fun!
Old    milo_lite            07-15-2005, 10:53 AM Reply   
Yeah thanx NUckledragger, just try to be creative once in a while..iam better at that than wakeboarding..