Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through January 12, 2008

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old     (wakeboardern1)      Join Date: Aug 2007       12-26-2007, 8:23 PM Reply   
So, I found this insane deal on a 2005 X-star, 25K. Didn't seem real right? The guy who listed it was actually a teenager who goes to Caltech, I did lots of searching, including facebook, to find said guy. So, shortly after I emailed the person via usedboats.com, and messaged the guy on facebook, the ad was removed. Then I recieved this email from him, at a hotmail account. Turns out it is not the guy who was named on the website, and supposedly someone else.

Hello,

If you are interested in the boat please read this e-mail carefully!The boat is still for sale, but not for long, I hope. The price is $25,000. Anyway, the boat is in perfect working condition,with no rust or bondo on it and a laser-straight body. My experienced technician has fully checked the boat and gave it a special highrating, it has a CLEAN and CLEAR TITLE, great history and without any mechanical problems, safety check and pre-delivery inspection, along with a fresh servicing before I ship or deliver the boat.My problem is that in the meanwhile, i got divorced, and I had to move with my kids in Bulgaria where I got a new job as a construction engineer. I've left the boat crated in a warehouse back in US and my intention was to have it shipped here, but when I found out about the very high import duties here, I have made up my mind and decided to sell the boat.
So, if you want to buy it, I am covering the cost for shipping and will include insurance for the trip. The delivery will take between 5 and 8 business days (with insurance and 30 days return policy).

The payment will be completed using SquareTrade secure pay services o we can both be protected!

Let me know if you are interested. I have reserved the boat for you,but I will need your answer in the next couple of days.

Thank you,

P.S: If you want pictures of the boat please let me know!

The boat is in florida, and I am in Virginia. If there were a way for me to prove it's existence, this is something I'd jump on. It seems as though the ad was removed to hide the deal from the public, so that he could "hold" it for me. But the fact that he has "moved to Bulgaria" is ridiculously suspicious. I'm calling it a scam, has anyone else seen something like this?