Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through September 23, 2004

Old     (sdboardr99)      Join Date: Aug 2001       09-18-2004, 9:34 PM Reply   
We headed out to the Parker area of the Colorado River this week for some wakeboarding and wakesurfing. Perfect time of the year for the river - not too hot and the water is still warm, plus no crowds during the week.

Old    walt            09-18-2004, 9:45 PM Reply   
The fourth pic looks killer with the surfboard turning into a submarine.
Old     (hyperlitenrd)      Join Date: Jan 2003       09-18-2004, 9:57 PM Reply   
The guy on the byerly, he bindings look to be set different for each foot, the left foot, is in farther than the right. Does that work?
Old     (gunz)      Join Date: Sep 2001       09-19-2004, 10:36 AM Reply   
*wishes I could hang with Bill*

Awesome pics!
Old    wakejump            09-19-2004, 11:24 AM Reply   
cool pics.
Old     (malibuboarder75)      Join Date: Jan 2004       09-19-2004, 5:05 PM Reply   
that is a killer wake.
Old    akman            09-19-2004, 5:33 PM Reply   
Bill, No vest??
Old    edward            09-19-2004, 7:11 PM Reply   
wakesurfing looks so fun. sweet pics
Old     (sdboardr99)      Join Date: Aug 2001       09-19-2004, 8:07 PM Reply   
Yeah, no vest. I'd never wakeboard without a vest but it's fun to wakesurf without one once in a while - meaning mid-week at the river with no boat traffic and no cops! Ironically it's MUCH easier to start with a vest because of the added flotation.

Old     (leshella)      Join Date: Feb 2004       09-19-2004, 9:10 PM Reply   
that's such a sickkkk wake. i had to do a double take cause i was like " um...isn't that an ocean?" NOPE! just an amazing wake...
Old     (sdboardr99)      Join Date: Aug 2001       09-20-2004, 12:08 AM Reply   
it's a great wake, but using a fisheye lens makes it look even bigger. Like with many things in life, it's all a matter of perspective.
Old     (eubanks01)      Join Date: Jun 2001       09-20-2004, 7:13 AM Reply   
Bill J,

Great pictures as always. Question...How much post-processing work do you do in PS? I'm still very much a new user with my DR, but I don't seem to get near the crispness that you do.

Some of it I feel is the cheap glass that I'm using. Here it is:

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?O=productlist&A=details&Q=&sku=297847&is=REG

We tried to get something in the beginning to cover a wide range, but maybe getting a more "specific" lens (i.e. 70-200 for example) would be better with the less elements and pieces in the lens?

Any opinions? Where would I go about selling my current lens? I know B&H has a trade in but they didn't offer much for it.

Thanks!
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       09-20-2004, 4:52 PM Reply   
So Bill when are you soming up to Naci for a trip of similar features? Good to see someone enjoying the river, I rarely see people riding hard out there. Once again the photos are looking excellent, keep it up. (One day I hope to have my own BillJ photo on the wall).