Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through August 27, 2003 > Archive through September 24, 2004

Old    indyracers10199            08-14-2004, 2:28 PM Reply   
My parents own a Mastercraft X Star and I ride behind it but I was wondering, which Mastercraft X series is the best besides the Mastercraft X Star?
Old    sk8joe01            08-14-2004, 2:31 PM Reply   
get a Super Air Nautique
Old     (512boarder)      Join Date: Jul 2004       08-14-2004, 5:41 PM Reply   
the X-2 seems to be very popular around here
Old    gobiggrom54            08-14-2004, 6:54 PM Reply   
I like the X2 better than the xstar. That's just my opinion though
Old    hockeynriding03            08-14-2004, 7:12 PM Reply   
Super air nautique kicks all x-series
Old    hockeynriding03            08-14-2004, 7:20 PM Reply   
Ryan:

I was noticing on your profile you are from carmel. I live in fishers. I also nocticed "indy racers" as in hockey. I play for Hamilton Southeastern's Varsity hockey team. Email me or something and maybe we can ride together or something.

Sorry for the wildly off-topic post
Old     (greatdane)      Join Date: Feb 2001       08-14-2004, 7:27 PM Reply   
I would buy the X2 over the xstar.
Old     (rschrock)      Join Date: May 2004       08-14-2004, 7:57 PM Reply   
I own (read that please Joe & Andrew OWN) an X-2 which I love, but the X-Stars are equally sweet.

Back to Joe and Andrew, I'd love to give you both a really hard time and expose your ignorance, but your both merely children so I'll keep my comments to myself. But in closing I'll add this, monthly payments make you an expert on these matters, not going through puberty.

R
Old    hockeynriding03            08-15-2004, 9:40 AM Reply   
What I know is that several friends with X-series boats and all they do is break and two of the boats barely have 100 hours on them. One of my friend's X-10 has been into the dealer no less than five times this season and not for rutine maintence. None of my friends can even get the ballast to fill correctly if at all each time we go out. This tells me a thing or two about MC. I have never had one problem with my SANTE. How am I supposed to think that any X-series is any different?
Old     (rschrock)      Join Date: May 2004       08-15-2004, 12:06 PM Reply   
Uh huh - So your vast experience summarizes as follows: Mastercraft has a reputation of low quality, ongoing maintenance, and low customer satisfaction. I'm sure everyone here appreciates your expert analysis, and will base their $40k - $60k purchase decisions on it.

Good luck with your English class this fall. I think your going to need it.
Old    leftcoastpunk            08-15-2004, 12:25 PM Reply   
Dude Ryan, the best boat is that Bryant you were posting about a few weeks ago. They are sick, I would trade my boat in a heartbeat for one. Four boats? wow, you have like more boats that most people have cars.
Old     (kevin_bird)      Join Date: Dec 2002       08-15-2004, 3:07 PM Reply   
the new xstar pickle fork is a sick boat but the wake is wide and it takes sooo much weight to get a big wake out of the boat there is also the gas issue. i think the x-2 is better also
Old     (pittsy)      Join Date: Apr 2004       08-16-2004, 10:49 AM Reply   
my x-star has about 80 hours and i have never had a problem with it yet..the ballest fill every time also
Old     (projectely4)      Join Date: Apr 2003       08-16-2004, 11:05 AM Reply   
i have a X-star and we haven't any problems with the ballast or any thing else. my family also has a older X-Star(x-2) and we love it. i run the same weight in both boats and the size is similar X-Star slightly bigger wake and the shape is different. we have had problems with our ballast in the older one but our mastercraft dealer fixed them.
Old    simpson20            08-25-2004, 6:33 AM Reply   
Andrew, I have a friend with a SAN and it is always in the shop as well. However, I don't think that Nautiques are poor quality just from one or two boats. It isn't a big enough sample size to make an informed opinion.

Personally, the X Series boats are my favorite, but I don't go around knocking other manufacturers.
Old    ognam            08-25-2004, 6:55 AM Reply   
malibooze are the best!
Old     (macdaddy)      Join Date: May 2004       08-25-2004, 8:10 AM Reply   
my boat is the best..never been in the shop.. and with enough redbull i can paddle fast enough to pull a board!! i usally run 6 cases of corona for ballest...
pic

p.s. chicks dig it!
Old     (bbeach)      Join Date: Jul 2002       08-25-2004, 8:38 AM Reply   
Andrew how is it that "YOU" own a SANTE at age 16? Maybe you should give your Dad your login and Password and let him get on here and give advice about boats instead of you! thanks

Having worked in the boating industry I can tell you that all boats have problems, does this disqualify all X-series boats because a few of your friends who probably aren't old enough to own thier own boats either are having problems with thier ballast. How do they treat thier boats? Are they abusive? Do they do thier own maintainence? These things make a difference in how a boat performs over time. How do I know, you might ask? Well take a look at the profile and you will see a 14 year old boat that looks and runs like its brand new because its been properly cared for!

Thanks for playing... Okay back to the thread at hand... Ryan all the X-series boats differ slightly based on what you plan on doing with it. Best thing to do would be to visit the dealer and discuss the options and sizes and determine which one best fits your needs/budget/etc... and then test drive those ones you are intersted in. Obviously one of the more popular X Series boats is the X2. The hull has been around for a long time and its tested. But ultimately the choice depends on your preferences in size and useability.
Old    whitechocolate            08-25-2004, 8:39 AM Reply   
JUDE get of the message board, Go to your garage and take that extra teak oil off your "slip and slide swim deck" before I break any more bones walking around your boat, My foot is Jacked up because you thought it was a good idea to put 10 gallons of teak oil on your swim deck,
Old     (freakytikki)      Join Date: Apr 2004       08-25-2004, 9:12 AM Reply   
I have not had 1 single problem with my X-star.For me I wanted the best boat for my needs.Iam in no way a pro boarder...but I do appreciate quality.I could have bought any boat on the market.After buying and boating all summer.I WOULD DO IT AGAIN. Just like my gmc truck.I dont need the 8.1 all the time and yes gas prices suck.But when I neeed it...its there.I have never had anybody walk up to me and say "you should have bought_____ boat" But I do get this all day long. "Man I wish I had this boat".If you can afford and appreciated a great boat go with whatever "floats your boat". Just my .02
Old     (bbeach)      Join Date: Jul 2002       08-25-2004, 9:16 AM Reply   
Grant: Jude's boat appears to have a fiberglass platform... explain?
Old    whitechocolate            08-25-2004, 9:53 AM Reply   
I guess he traded in his fiberglass platform for a teak one. That photo was taken at Ski World before he took dilivery of his boat.

P.S X Series boats are great. Just make sure your lug nuts are tight right Jude.
Old     (macdaddy)      Join Date: May 2004       08-25-2004, 10:52 AM Reply   
oh come on grant..I thought "3 wheel motion" was the the shizzel...havent you ever seen a snoop video? and just for you i just finished another coat of oil on my deck!! i have about 1/4" built up on it now
Old     (easyrider)      Join Date: Oct 2003       08-25-2004, 9:34 PM Reply   
I Can't believe I just read this entire thread...
Old    boatsales            09-06-2004, 7:50 PM Reply   
I am going to assume that all of you who use their parents boat also ride their parents wakeboards, while burning their parents gas. Most people are having problems with the pumps on an MC is because they are filling their tanks in water that is under ten feet deep and alows the pumps to suck up sand which allows the rubber impeller inside the pump to get chewed up. or they are running the pumps to long without pumping water and the friction of rubber against metal burns uop the impeller. Since I work for A MC dealer I have not seen one pump itself go bad. Just the impeller. and just like Randy Schrock said if you dont make the payments don't complain.