Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through July 24, 2009

Old     (jskeeatl)      Join Date: Jul 2009       07-13-2009, 12:54 PM Reply   
I am definitely a beginner, just started a month ago and have been out about 8 times and I feel like the only way to progress efficiently is to buy my own board. I have ridden a few LF boards and really liked them (Shane and Witness). I know that the Shane is considered an advanced board, but it didn't really intimidate me. Is the Liquid Force S4 too much board for a beginner? I would say that I have pretty good edging technique because I have been snowboarding for years and that also helps with edge awareness (ie. catching a toeside edge is bad). Any advice?

(Message edited by jskeeatl on July 13, 2009)
Old     (lakemiltonwake08)      Join Date: Oct 2008       07-13-2009, 10:00 PM Reply   
My brother also just started and the S4 is his first board. He rides it just fine. I haven't rode it, but just by watching I can tell you it's a looser board and it's pretty quick, so if you think you can handle it then go for it. Which means edge, not turn the board like a snowboard.
Old     (jskeeatl)      Join Date: Jul 2009       07-14-2009, 7:06 AM Reply   
Thanks, Nick. I have been riding a friend's Shane and it is pretty loose when it is flat and neutral and I like that. Good luck to you and your brother. Anyone else have an opinion?
Old     (absoluteboarder)      Join Date: Aug 2002       07-14-2009, 4:22 PM Reply   
beginner boards are over rated.....if you have ridden a shane you will be fine on the s4.....if you got a beginner board it wouldn't be soon and you wish you had the s4. beginner boards become boat boards real fast.
Old     (jskeeatl)      Join Date: Jul 2009       07-15-2009, 12:51 PM Reply   
Good look'n out absoluteboarder. I'm with you on the beginner board opinion or beginner anything for that matter. I actually had more fun on the shane that I rode than on the beginner board that I initially learned on. One thing about the more advanced boards is that you know immediately when you did something wrong because you are floating in the water waiting for the boat to come back for you.