Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through November 07, 2006

Old     (cwbpure)      Join Date: Aug 2006       10-14-2006, 12:23 AM Reply   
hey guys.. im from the gold coast australia and a mate and i are coming over to canada in 4 weeks... we will be working the snow season at cyprus then looking to move to kelowna for the summer.. just wondering if there is any wake schools or crew there.. any input will be appreciated.. cheers steve
Old     (jman)      Join Date: Jul 2004       10-14-2006, 8:04 AM Reply   
i don't know how far it is from kelowna, but there is a wakeboard school on Shuswap lake, BC.

go to http://www.shuswapsnb.com/
Old     (cwbpure)      Join Date: Aug 2006       10-14-2006, 6:40 PM Reply   
cheers mate
Old     (rileyg)      Join Date: Jun 2006       10-15-2006, 11:03 AM Reply   
Come ride with me on the Shuswap!!!
Old     (bradb)      Join Date: Oct 2003       10-15-2006, 7:59 PM Reply   
If you make it over to vancouver island and need a pull in the summer, drop me a PM.
You should find lots of riding in kelowna on okanagan lake (I think there is a boarding school there), Kalamalka / woods lake, and I think the waterski club used to run out of Duck lake. Check out the BC waterski/wake site for info on clubs/schools etc.
http://www.wswbc.org/
It lists about 5 schools in the kellowna area.
Cheers,
Brad
Old     (ladythump)      Join Date: Jul 2004       10-16-2006, 9:40 AM Reply   
I am putting my boat in Kelowna next season too. I've been there and there are people riding everywhere, but I don't think a lot of them are on this forum.
Old     (mcx2ryd)      Join Date: Sep 2005       10-16-2006, 4:47 PM Reply   
JD wakeboard school on Woods Lake. 10 mins outside Kelowna. Kris Killick is the instructor. He is awesome. Don't know much of a crew to ride with. Will have to find some forums of other riders in the area. Evolution wakeschool is one on the Shuswap that were more than willing to ride.
Old     (cwbpure)      Join Date: Aug 2006       10-16-2006, 4:54 PM Reply   
cheers guys!!!! will definately bring my board then!!! im excited only 26 days till we are over there!! if anybody snowboards at cyprus in the winter let me know and we can have a merry oldtime!!!

if you want to know a bit more about me check here or add me..

www.myspace.com/custom007

thanks for all your help gang