Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (LFMCrider6)      Join Date: Jun 2011       02-10-2013, 7:41 AM Reply   
Has any one used the plasti dip spray to coat your sub box. I am going to try it on mine when I build it. I will post pictures.
Old     (magic)      Join Date: Mar 2002       02-10-2013, 8:02 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by LFMCrider6 View Post
Has any one used the plasti dip spray to coat your sub box. I am going to try it on mine when I build it. I will post pictures.
I plasti dip the rims on my car last year, has held up quite well. Kinda project on a whim deal. I had my summer wheels off and snow wheels on, so it was pretty easy to shoot them. I'd worry about it sticking to MDF, did you put any base or primmer coat down?

I also plasti dip'd my motor cycle last year. I found in high rub areas it would come up. To counter this I used some flat dark grey camouflage pant over the plasti dip. The spray paint layer seems to provide a more durable finish that protects the plasti dip.
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       02-10-2013, 8:15 PM Reply   
I took some stuff to the Rhino liner guy and she he told me the price I cringed . He said hey I have found that Trandstar undercoating works very well as a rhino lining like product. I bought some and used it for a outdoor sub box that sits in my garden. I bought 2 cans of it and it works awesome the finished product looks like a thinner rhino lined coating the sub box has been out door fork ER a year now and it looks like brand new. Ill post a pic of it tomarrow
Old     (LFMCrider6)      Join Date: Jun 2011       02-11-2013, 1:09 PM Reply   
G
Where did you pick that stuff up at sound like a good fit. I have not done my box yet I was planning on carpet over the coating with 3M adhesive.
Old     (LFMCrider6)      Join Date: Jun 2011       02-11-2013, 1:10 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by magic View Post
I plasti dip the rims on my car last year, has held up quite well. Kinda project on a whim deal. I had my summer wheels off and snow wheels on, so it was pretty easy to shoot them. I'd worry about it sticking to MDF, did you put any base or primmer coat down?

I also plasti dip'd my motor cycle last year. I found in high rub areas it would come up. To counter this I used some flat dark grey camouflage pant over the plasti dip. The spray paint layer seems to provide a more durable finish that protects the plasti dip.
Sean,
Thanks for the info I have used it before just not in high wear spots. I was planni g on covering it over with carpet.
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       02-11-2013, 3:38 PM Reply   
Trandstar is a automotive (body shop) brand product. I have never seen it at any consumer style store. So I'm sure you can find it either online or at your local Body Shop supply store.