Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (nailem)      Join Date: Apr 2011       08-21-2013, 1:45 PM Reply   
Solas props
when I bought my 05' enzo it came with a* Solas Stainless 3x13x13 prop. I tried it once and it seemed to run ok but switched back to the stock prop. I have tried some searches and found little to no info on this prop. Best I can match it up is a acme 425. it was brand new when I bought it and only ran it for a few hours.what would be the best place other than ebay to try to sell it? i'm looking to get a 911 prop for next season. thanks
Old     (boardman74)      Join Date: Jul 2012       08-21-2013, 2:01 PM Reply   
I'm guessing ebay or the classifieds on here are your best bet.
Old     (wakebordr11)      Join Date: May 2001       08-21-2013, 5:44 PM Reply   
You should be able to unload it pretty easily. Stainless isn't desireable to someone like me except as a spare, maybe, but a lot of boats used the 13x13 prop depending on prop shaft size.

I don't know what it is worth, probably not much, 100-150 max...
Old     (nailem)      Join Date: Apr 2011       08-21-2013, 6:45 PM Reply   
it is 1 1/8 I would be happy with $150. I'll get some pics and put it in the classifieds here first.
Old     (wakebordr11)      Join Date: May 2001       08-21-2013, 8:43 PM Reply   
http://www.ebay.com/itm/3-blade-Stai...-/151098509720

Similar deal. If you didn't know, stainless is undesirable for inboards as if you hit anything, stainless won't bend like nibral, it will take out your strut/shaft/coupler and that's a lot more expensive than potentially just a prop...
Old     (nailem)      Join Date: Apr 2011       08-22-2013, 4:31 AM Reply   
thanks for the ebay find.
through my searches i did read a lot about SS not being desirable for inboards. coming from an i/o a few years ago it was the complete opposite but have read the several reasons why. i guess it would make a good back up prop or a less expensive prop for someone to try a different pitch. also depending on where you boat; like me in lake Erie impacts are less common. i know they can still happen but the lake does not have much hidden treasures and is deep.
Old     (acurtis_ttu)      Join Date: May 2004       08-22-2013, 7:10 AM Reply   
I prefered stainless over NIBRAL on my inboard. I rode on a river with a sandy bottom, and frequent random sticks/branches on the river......stainless wud slice right threw most of the junk....NIBRAL wud bend very easily.

I never had problems wiht shaft/strut bending. My thought was if I impact somethign hard enough , I'm going to do damage despite which prop I have
Old     (boardman74)      Join Date: Jul 2012       08-22-2013, 9:16 AM Reply   
I agree with Adam. Our lake is all sand. Shallow in some spots, but sandy. There are the occasional small rocks. I found one in July, at idle and just barely touched it. Cost me $125 for the repair. Last year we had a stainless and it wasn't an issue. But I have also been on the lake for 38 years and no there isn't any dangerous spots. I agree that on unknown or changing waters its best to have a nibral.
Old     (nailem)      Join Date: Apr 2011       08-24-2013, 9:34 AM Reply   
Listed on eBay for $150