Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (WakeDirt)      Join Date: Jun 2011       01-11-2013, 10:52 AM Reply   
-In the X mas board thread, there was a discussion that was started on wakesurf tails. The thread lost some Xmas cheer (people not showing their new board *me being one of them) So here is a new thread.

-I would love to hear some input from actual shapers, like Mendonesia, Idol, Soulcraft, Brigade etc...As to where they were influenced for their tail design (with the assumption that their designs came from ocean surf or other wakesurf tails)

- I am currently having a board built. This is my second build: first surf style board. I would love some input on what tails that are on everyone's board and why they chose it. I am considering a double fish...I ride skim, but will be switching to surf style this summer. So a tail that is really pump driven fang & diamond may not be as desirable (I have been spoiled on my insanely fast Piscus)

-Thanks for any input
*If any board bashing starts in this thread I personally dont mind as the OP, I have thick skin and welcome to America.
Old     (h20king)      Join Date: Dec 2009       01-11-2013, 11:04 AM Reply   
Bro I think you missed the point in the other thread. I love all boards custom and have been blessed to have been given the chance to try most out there.I was not trying to say soulcraft came out with the fang tail but that brigade should have put their own twist on it to make it stand apart and not look like a copy. Most builders use different versions of the same tail but put their own special twist on it so it is their own. I would like to hear more about the double fish tail sounds like something different that i would like to try.
Old     (WakeDirt)      Join Date: Jun 2011       01-11-2013, 11:52 AM Reply   
Here is a pic of the double fish tail, I am hoping it is a less-pump style tail

My board will be the larger .352, This is Aviator kid's sized.
Attached Images

Old     (tonyv420)      Join Date: Jul 2007       01-11-2013, 11:57 AM Reply   
Wow thats a crazy shape!! Very curious on how it would ride! keep us posted!
Old     (WakeDirt)      Join Date: Jun 2011       01-11-2013, 12:06 PM Reply   
Ya ill def be fallowing my build closely! I dont know if the .352 will have the "step" in the rail, that may just be on the aviator. pretty stoked for my new stick

Last edited by WakeDirt; 01-11-2013 at 12:09 PM.
Old     (WakeDirt)      Join Date: Jun 2011       01-12-2013, 4:16 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyv420 View Post
Wow thats a crazy shape!! Very curious on how it would ride! keep us posted!
Its going to make the board cut in faster, its called a Kick Hip