Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (mmobius2001)      Join Date: Jun 2004       08-19-2011, 3:46 PM Reply   
So after doing numbers for weeks/months i probably wont be able to afford a new boat, so if im gonna keep my boat for a little while longer, i think its time to upgrade stuff.

what do you think of this for my 2006 Moomba LSV (in order)

1. Brand New Seadek Custom Swimpad Black w/ Gray letters (thinking going from 3 to 1 piece)

2. Acme 1847 Prop

3. Tower Mount Mirror

4. New Board Racks possibly swivel (old ones are banged up and falling apart 7yrs ofd)

5. New tribal Vinyl Graphics

6. Speaker can set of 4, Bullet Cans

Old     (nitrousbird)      Join Date: Sep 2008       08-19-2011, 5:43 PM Reply   
I like your boat - so why not keep it. As for your ideas:

1. I'd personally keep the stock sun pad
2. If you need a prop upgrade, go for it. Or do some performance upgrades to the motor and keep the current prop (that's the more expensive route, but you don't make a prop sacrifice either). Perhaps consider trying the new OJ 5-blade as well.
3. Good idea
4. Good idea
5. I think your current graphics are fine - I'd keep them.
6. Good upgrade - perhaps consider upgrading the whole stereo system.

Other upgrades to consider:
- Dual axle trailer if you can find one (not in love with the single axle). I wouldn't put a bunch of money into that upgrade
- New guide pads for the trailer
- Upgrade to a heater if the boat doesn't have one (my wife loves the heater in ours)
- Ballast upgrades, depending on what you currently have
- Tower lights
- LED setup
Old     (consigliereg8r)      Join Date: Aug 2009       08-19-2011, 7:52 PM Reply   
Can't tell if you need an upgrade 'til we see more pics of the babe driving the boat
Old     (mmobius2001)      Join Date: Jun 2004       08-19-2011, 7:55 PM Reply   
my boat has pretty much every option stock.

Heater, Gravity 3 ballast (usually fill additional 500lb sac in bow), Bimini, Perfect Pass, etc etc

had the nice foam pads for guide posts but they fell apart and i just threw the plastic ones on just to have something.

I just upgraded the stereo.

have all new Polk DB65's throughout boat, brand new Kenwood HU, 2 amps, a 10in Alpine sub, etc. the stereo is banging already.
Old     (superair502)      Join Date: Mar 2010       08-19-2011, 8:03 PM Reply   
Tribal graphics???? Why not throw some skulls barb wire and nautical stars on there while u are at it. Most people think tribal is kinda douchey an it would most likely devalue your boat. I love the graphic on there right now. Looks really clean. Tribals make me think of mma fighters and guidos but to each his own.
Old     (superair502)      Join Date: Mar 2010       08-19-2011, 8:05 PM Reply   
O yea and my dad threw a foam pad on the platform of his boat when he had one I loved that thing! One of the main reasons I'm looking at axis boats. Super comfy to sit on and drink a brew
Old     (mmobius2001)      Join Date: Jun 2004       08-20-2011, 10:43 AM Reply   
as requested, only other one i have

Old     (rdlangston13)      Join Date: Feb 2011       08-20-2011, 2:02 PM Reply   
1-4 do it
Old     (rdlangston13)      Join Date: Feb 2011       08-20-2011, 2:05 PM Reply   

i always wanted the graphics that you have!
Old     (ilikebeaverandboats)      Join Date: Jul 2007       08-20-2011, 2:53 PM Reply   
I would do 2-4. Doesnt look like you have a mirror, that would be the first thing i would get. I cant imagine pulling someone without one.

I would suggest tinting the windshield, I know im really starting to like the way it looks.

As for the prop, any reason why you want to change? Are you running more weight? We switched to the high alt prop for our Tige 20V, made the boat run SO much better when its weighted for surfing but really up'ed the fuel consumption...
Old     (mmobius2001)      Join Date: Jun 2004       08-20-2011, 4:34 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilikebeaverandboats View Post
I would do 2-4. Doesnt look like you have a mirror, that would be the first thing i would get. I cant imagine pulling someone without one.

I would suggest tinting the windshield, I know im really starting to like the way it looks.

As for the prop, any reason why you want to change? Are you running more weight? We switched to the high alt prop for our Tige 20V, made the boat run SO much better when its weighted for surfing but really up'ed the fuel consumption...
well, the prop is in great shape but when surfing and i ride, theres alot of vibration and it takes a bit to plane out. i run about 1500lbs when i ride, its fine when the girls ride cause i just fill the front until they start killing it.
Old     (ilikebeaverandboats)      Join Date: Jul 2007       08-20-2011, 8:54 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmobius2001 View Post
well, the prop is in great shape but when surfing and i ride, theres alot of vibration and it takes a bit to plane out. i run about 1500lbs when i ride, its fine when the girls ride cause i just fill the front until they start killing it.
I would say switch the props up then, try that new 5 blade
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       08-20-2011, 8:30 PM Reply   
I would do everyting you listed but instead of the tribal graphic put on the simple/classy moomba letters david has. If you like re tribal graphic thoug then get it. It is your boat.

By the way. David your lsv is one of the best lookingi have ever seen. Beautiful.