Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through August 04, 2006

Old    malibu73            07-29-2006, 8:42 PM Reply   
So today I was working on wake to wake and I fall, my knee goes into my elbow and my palm goes into my chin and slams my teeth together. One of my top front teeth is chipped pretty bad on the corner and one of my bottom front is chipped in the back and my two bottom front teeth are pretty loose. When it happened I got pretty scared because I could feel peices of my teeth in my mouth, not a good feeling.
Old     (_jason_)      Join Date: Jun 2005       07-29-2006, 9:07 PM Reply   
Damn dude. Thats pretty intense. Its pretty crazy to think about all the random falls you can take wakeboarding. Even what you think can't happen...sometimes does. Theres those falls where you get up and say "wow i didnt even think my body could twist that way". Hope all is well, get better soon.
Old     (kempogoju_ross)      Join Date: Jul 2006       07-29-2006, 9:33 PM Reply   
Well I heard a local WI girl was wakeboarding on Okauchee lake and fell, messed up her knee so bad she almost died due to artery cut.....kind of a freak thing I guess.
Old    live2wakeboard            07-30-2006, 12:35 AM Reply   
"wow i didnt even think my body could twist that way"

lol i was just saying that last month when i tried to go wake 2 wake and my board came up and hit me in the back of the head without coming off!!!
Old    malibu73            07-30-2006, 8:13 AM Reply   
Yeah so this morning i was brushing my teeth and a 1/3rd size chip off the back side of my tooth came off. Im really not liking this loosing parts of my teeth thing. Does anyone know if a dentist can glue that kind of stuff back on or what they can do about the loose ones?
Old     (gnelson)      Join Date: Jun 2003       07-30-2006, 8:24 AM Reply   
A dentist will be able to fix that pretty easily.
Old     (project3060)      Join Date: May 2001       08-01-2006, 8:41 AM Reply   
I would recommend that anyone who rides wear a mouth guard. I did not wear one and hit my knee to my face....etc....lost one tooth and severely displaced 3 others. I now were both a mouth guard and knee pads.
Old     (thane_dogg)      Join Date: Jun 2002       08-01-2006, 10:15 AM Reply   
let's see some pics of that!