Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through July 11, 2007

Old     (laraujo)      Join Date: Apr 2007       06-25-2007, 7:31 PM Reply   
Just thought I'd update from an earlier post on the subject where I was asking about the Storage Logic portable garages. Well I finally got mine last Monday.(ordered it from Overtons) I worked on it all weekend and finally got it up. It is 32x14x12h. My boat is at dealer getting an upgrade so she has not had a chance to check it out yet. I put mine on a rock with vapor barrier base. Designed my own anchoring system which I will incorporate with theirs when it finally arrives. These things are kinda fun to put together but they are a lot of work.
Old     (laraujo)      Join Date: Apr 2007       06-25-2007, 8:00 PM Reply   
here are the pics, I hopeUpload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Old     (buzz_grande)      Join Date: Mar 2004       06-25-2007, 10:09 PM Reply   
Very nice. Roughly what do they run $$?
Old     (bcmach)      Join Date: Apr 2007       06-25-2007, 10:13 PM Reply   
http://overtons.com/modperl/product/catalog.cgi?cname=Shelters-/-Garages&r=browse&aID=76
Old     (aarond0083)      Join Date: Apr 2007       06-26-2007, 6:28 AM Reply   
Nice. I would love to have something like that but so I could keep my tower up when I store the boat during the season. I have to lower the tower every time I get back from the lake so I can back in the garage.

Hoes does it take storms? The fall hurricane season we get in eastern NC every few years would probably destroy that type of cover.
Old     (olskooltige)      Join Date: Mar 2007       06-26-2007, 6:59 AM Reply   
I am guessing that wouldn't fare too well in South Louisiana.
Old     (laraujo)      Join Date: Apr 2007       06-26-2007, 8:53 AM Reply   
My neighbor has the model that fits a 40' Motorhome which is about 3 years old now. In southern California we get what are called the Santa Anna Conditions which are +50mph winds from the east. My neighbors is still standing so I am hoping mine will fare as well. I spent some considerable effort to shore up an anchoring system that will completment the factory system.
Old     (26lacefield)      Join Date: Aug 2006       06-26-2007, 9:10 AM Reply   
i put one of those huge tents up thats shown in the pics n dear god it took for ever. but it works awesome
Old     (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       06-26-2007, 9:24 AM Reply   
"These things are kinda fun to put together but they are a lot of work."

Those two things don't go together!
Old     (helinut)      Join Date: Apr 2007       06-26-2007, 9:28 AM Reply   
I'd love to have something like that, but our winds aren't the kindest around here either. 70+ isn't unheard of at all.

(Message edited by helinut on June 26, 2007)