Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (Mike88)      Join Date: Aug 2016       08-01-2017, 5:03 AM Reply   
Hey guys,
Just wanted to express myself on the incredible service i had yesterday with a particular dealership.
I don't want to lick boots right now but just tell my story.

Like we all know boating industry is a shark one, pretty always and when you buy a boat at a dealer it's VERY rare that another dealer gonna give you service. It happens, sometimes. I just experienced it.

Long story short had trouble with my boat (like always), my dealership is pretty far and they practically never answer the phone and it's understandable because the service guy is overwhelmed with jobs.
So I taked the chance to call my nearest dealer. Who is sport marine ( Moomba/ Supra / nautique). I don't even have one of these brand ( I have a tige).
Told my story to the service guy, I had an issue my dealer can't help and the guy practically takes 1hour speaking with me. Explain me what to do, what can I check to know if really I need to lift out the boat of the water again.
All day he was with me, concerned about my problem and called me couple times to know how things worked. And it's not even a same dealer brand!
He just take the call like i was his client and made research if he could honor my indmar warranty there also.

Man, I have to say my own dealer would never do that. Sadly.
I don't want to discredit anybody right now but with my experience my dealer definitely don't have enough working hand and the service guy is just too busy to take a customer care like that and it's really not his fault because I know he's trying to do his best! But thing is.. it's the costumer that pay the price at the end..

I always said how important the dealership is when you buy a new boat. Proximity and service should be your FIRST concern when you buying a new boat. No matter the brand and we all know brands in wakeboats are kind of similar. It's just personal choices and ego that comes up when arguing. Thing is every boat you will spent 80k for will do what you want it to do. So begin your search with dealers that are near (1hour max away) can be a very good idea. And how they resolve problem.
My dealer is great, excellent customer care, people are gentle but when it always take 3 weeks to fix a problem.. here boat season is not long enough to always wait.

At the end, I'm just glad to see a dealer that still works for passion and not only for the buck sign in our eyes. Really thinking about changing my pratically new boat with 26hour for a brand new one that will came from them. That's how a dealership experience can change.