Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (TRey19)      Join Date: Sep 2013       04-15-2014, 10:30 AM Reply   
I have been looking for a boat for a long time and just don't have enough knowledge on different boat types. I came across this one earlier today

http://northernwi.craigslist.org/boa/4344775210.html

Let me know your thoughts, good or bad.

Anything helps.
Old     (Pad1Tai)      Join Date: Jan 2013       04-15-2014, 10:46 AM Reply   
Hmm. why does the ad not mention the year or engine hours... you know, the non important stuff.. ;{)
Old     (phathom)      Join Date: Jun 2013       04-15-2014, 10:49 AM Reply   
Very well written description from a magazine. Any info on that specific one? I don't see a mention of hours, any maintenance, any modifications, does it come with trailer, etc.

Supremes are known for making good surf wakes, so there's that. Personally I like them. They are a good boat without too hefty of a price tag. I would give them a shout to see if you can get more info on that particular boat, not just a cookie cutter description.
Old     (antoddio)      Join Date: Dec 2006       04-15-2014, 11:00 AM Reply   
Looks like and 05 or 06 maybe. The V208's are a little narrower beam than other Supreme models. I've heard it has a great wakeboarding wake, however I've never ridden one. Surf wake will be really good due to the slightly deeper V. Supreme had a lot of models in the mid 2000's around that size...the V212 and the V220 I think. The V208 is the only one still made today. They don't make many of them however, due to bigger models available.

I've owned a 07 V232 for 6 years and it's be rock solid reliable. Only the perfect pass unit has died on me...all my other problems were things I broke. That's why I actually sell Supreme's part time now.

That engine is good and the boat is well built, your only worry should be if there was owner neglect or damage. Looks like they've upgraded to reversible pumps which is great. Also the stereo looks new. Looks like a great value.
Old     (Cabledog)      Join Date: Dec 2013       04-15-2014, 2:37 PM Reply   
on my second Supreme. Good boats. 208 is on the smaller side.
Old     (TRey19)      Join Date: Sep 2013       04-15-2014, 6:05 PM Reply   
Yea I have contacted him about specific details and am awaiting a response. I was just trying to get a feel of the supreme v208 as a whole and if it's reliable and fun to ride behind. Everything said so far seems pretty positive. it's down to this boat a 2000 Epic S22 for 21,500 and a 2002 Supra Launch ssv for 25,500. Assuming all of them run well and don't have hefty hours on them. Any negative thoughts about any of those, or any of them seem like a better deal than the others?
Old     (TRey19)      Join Date: Sep 2013       04-15-2014, 6:07 PM Reply   
And if it helps, we are looking to try and get into surfing as well. We have done it a few times but it's tough behind our current boat, lot of fun and will probably split time pretty evenly between surfing and wakeboarding
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       04-15-2014, 8:54 PM Reply   
I wouldn't even consider the Toyota Epic. I am sorry but you are talking about a high tech toyota/lexus marine powerplant that was only made for a couple of years.

The description of the V208 appears to be for the 2004 version. IT is hard to tell from pictures but that Supreme looks really clean and well equipped. Trim tab, PP, decent stereo, etc... Looking at the shape of the hull I would venture a guess that it is a good surf boat. It has a pretty good V all the way to the transom. I am pretty sure those(at least in that era) only came with deal rear tanks. There was no option for a front ballast tank/bag and there is no ski locker in the walkthrough like most boats. The V208 was actually their little bit wider boat with more freeboard. The V220 was the lower/narrow boat. As for reliability those boats are extremely simple and basic. I would not be worried about that too much. I believe in that era fineline was building their boats so it should have a similar overall quality to Centurions of that era although Centurions mostly had the one piece liner type build and these have a floor with seat bases mounted it appears.

I really like the Supra 22SSV's of that era if they have the playpen seating. Drop an 1100# gravity games sack in the basement storage and a couple 500's or so in the back. Good wake and tunable with the trim tab. Overall it is going to be a fancier boat than the Supreme but still pretty simple. I also really like the playpen because most had a pop up seat so you add another seat(with backrest) for an observer.

If both the supra and sanger have similar options, hours and are in similar shape I would probably choose the Supra but it may be a tough call. If surfing was the priority over wakeboarding I may choose the Supreme, if wakeboarding was the priority I would choose the Supra.

Good luck with your shopping.
Old     (TRey19)      Join Date: Sep 2013       04-16-2014, 8:50 AM Reply   
Thank you. That is some good info