Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (dreamer)      Join Date: Nov 2008       06-18-2011, 10:12 AM Reply   
Anyone here ever use an anti foux wax on their hull to prevent stains? I will be leaving my boat on the water for a week in a lake that might not be the cleanest.

WestMarine.com has a product called "Easy on Bottom Coating". Has anyone tried it?
Old     (Ibewebbman)      Join Date: Apr 2011       06-21-2011, 10:09 PM Reply   
I have used it a few seasons and it works. However it does leave a residue that takes some work to get off, I leave my boat in a slip for 3-4 months a year so it's worth it to me to keep the worst of the guck off by using this stuff but I would think it would not be worth the effort for a week. Just give it a good pressure wash after you pull it out and I think it will be less overall work. Hth.
Old     (moto817)      Join Date: Jan 2011       06-22-2011, 8:12 AM Reply   
I've left my boat in some pretty dirty waters myself and never had any issues. I usually will take a wet towel and wipe the scum line off when I have the chance though that way it doesnt have a chance to dry out and make it more difficult to clean when I pull it out.
Old     (chexi)      Join Date: Jul 2009       06-22-2011, 10:27 AM Reply   
Yes, scum is easy to get off when wet... difficult when dry.