Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through December 20, 2006

Old     (laidback)      Join Date: Nov 2006       11-21-2006, 9:23 PM Reply   
New to site
Did a little digging but could not find a post on price for '07 X2

I was quoted 58,000:
-boat cover, bimini, 310hp engine

-add MCX,tower speakers, perfect pass, heater, depth finder, fiberglass platform

Come on all you proud X2 owners Could really use any advice
Thanks in advance
Old     (bennygoodx)      Join Date: Aug 2006       11-21-2006, 9:41 PM Reply   
I'm an MC owner and that seems fair... you'll want the nice motor, depth finder, etc...
Old     (midwesty)      Join Date: Aug 2003       11-21-2006, 10:30 PM Reply   
out the door or add tax to that?
and during the dead of winter?
Old     (anodyne)      Join Date: Feb 2006       11-22-2006, 12:34 AM Reply   
They can do way better than that... $63 would be a good place to start working from.

As a frame of reference, our local MC dealer is slightly overpriced to begin with and was quoting well-loaded X2s at 63k in the busiest chunk of summer with some ample bargaining room.

Don't know where you're from, but that's a huge part of it too.
Old     (3domfighter)      Join Date: Aug 2006       11-22-2006, 1:04 AM Reply   
I got what I consider to be a good deal on my 2006 X2. I picked it up straight off the lot late in the season (July 28, 2006) which was part of the reason for the deal, but I paid about $57k before tax, etc. for the X2 with the MCX engine, 2 tower speakers, Mastercraft cruise (not perfect pass), heater, depth finder, fiberglass platform, and shower.

Now, I hear that there is an 8% price increase on the X2s for '07, so add 8% to my good deal and you have about $61,560. If you get to choose your colors and options it may be worth the extra +/- $1500 to just pay $63k. I'd probably try to get him down to $62, but you are definitely in the ballpark. My dealer asked $62k for the boat I paid $57k for, so at least it seems like your dealer is starting at a more fair point, if you take the price increase for '07 into account.

Hope that helps.
Old     (byrd)      Join Date: Dec 2005       11-22-2006, 6:50 AM Reply   
You might try to find a leftover new 06 that you can get a deal on....It might be a long shot, but it would be worth it. Also, if you can wait, you might get a better deal at a boat show.
Old     (woreout)      Join Date: Aug 2006       11-22-2006, 7:38 AM Reply   
What about a Trailer? Is that included in your price? For a 07 this early in the year thats a pretty good deal if it includes a trailer. I would take Byrds advice and look for a 06.
Old     (curtisco24)      Join Date: Dec 2005       11-22-2006, 1:14 PM Reply   
I would think you could get that boat in the high 50's
Old     (duckguy)      Join Date: Jul 2006       11-22-2006, 2:26 PM Reply   
That is not a bad price for an 07 at all
Old     (dbeatty)      Join Date: Nov 2006       11-22-2006, 7:54 PM Reply   
68 for a salt water series fully loaded - tower speakers
Old     (laidback)      Join Date: Nov 2006       11-22-2006, 8:49 PM Reply   
I'm in Florida. No true off season.

The price includes a single ax trailer.

Updated price 62,000. Includes: MCX,depth finder, tower with 4speakers and lights(front and back),fiberglass platform, heater, bow filler cushion, walkthrough seat,electric lube thing-a-ma-jiggy, perfect pass,boat cover, bimini

The price does not include tax(6%) plus $280 tag and reg.

In the list of options there's a $300.00 battery and $340.00 mirror (don't these things come standard???????????)

He has an '06 also same features for 58,000. I like the '07 tower and color better.He's also willing to take off any options I don't want and reduce price.

Joshua how do you like the shower. Is it heated? Can wash inside boat down when wife spills soda everywhere?

Thanks again guys for your help
Old     (3domfighter)      Join Date: Aug 2006       11-22-2006, 9:25 PM Reply   
To be honest I've never used the shower, but I can tell you that the hose isn't long enough to wash anything from anywhere but the stern.

I did a lot of research before I got my boat, and based on what I learned it sounds like you are being offered a fair deal. You may want to have him take of the lube thingy. It's cool, but I think it is a $600+ option. MCX is key, tower with 4 speakers is key (I paid $1750 to add two speakers since my X2 only had 2 when I purchased it, so if you factor that into my original equation you are already on top of my deal, which I again assert was an exceptional deal for my region), lights are cool, fiberglass platform is key if you're like me and don't maintain the teak, but it is a pretty expensive option, perfect pass is key (I'm about to pay almost $1000 to replace the stock cruise control system, so factor that in, too), bimini is key, and the cover is key. If you are being charged for the mirror it is probably because it is the optional upgraded mirror with a wider view, which is also an option I am going to add. Very key. I'd negotiate the battery out of the price if I were you.

All in all, you are looking at a really well equipped X2 for a very fair price, in my opinion.
Old     (laidback)      Join Date: Nov 2006       11-23-2006, 8:32 AM Reply   
Thanks Joshua (and everyone who responded)
that really helps. A few more pearls if you guys would indulge.

Joshua I've always owned center console fishing boats so this is new territory for me. The snap out carpet is nice draw for me I can't tell you how many times I've cleaned up spills off the floor(can't imagine having carpet) If the shower doesnt reach I'm not going to add it. Yes you could use a longer hose but that doesnt mean you'd have enough pressure to do anything(you already saved me some$$$$$$)

Byrd, I missed the boat show in Tampa the next one isn't until mid-Jan in Atlanta (I bought my last Century there... great deal) I'll ask to see the manifest but I think he's quoting me the boat show price.

One little tid bit he originally left out was the engine is approaching 20hours
The boat was used for the photo shot for the brochure. It looks immaculate not a scratch anywhere. IS THAT A LOT FOR AN INBOARD???? With regular maint. on an outboard it's not too big a deal but I would ask for an additional $250-750 off depending on the size of the engine.

Thanks everyone!!! The wife and I are going tomorrow for a test drive.
Old     (curtisco24)      Join Date: Dec 2005       11-23-2006, 8:47 AM Reply   
With all of the options you threw in there especially those speakers and lights that is a pretty decent deal.
Old     (byrd)      Join Date: Dec 2005       11-25-2006, 7:47 AM Reply   
Where do you live? I assume you live in Tampa or near there. If not you might want to check Liquid Sports Marine here in Winter Haven. I know he's got at least one left over 06 and a few 07's on the lot or on the way soon. I'm sure he'll cut you a deal on one. I'll PM you his phone number. I bought my boat from them and they have been great to deal with both during and after the sale.
Old     (factory)      Join Date: Aug 2006       11-25-2006, 8:34 AM Reply   
20 hours is when the first service is suppose to be done after break in. make sure they do that with no charge to you before you take the boat. that service runs about $300 - $500
Old     (duffy)      Join Date: Feb 2006       11-28-2006, 1:25 PM Reply   
Just make sure they are very thorough when they do the 20hr service. They are suppose to go through everything; seals, fluids, everything. I have owned 2 brand new boats and you have to break them in just right. So hopefully this one has been broken in correctly. Like factory said they should include the 20 hr service in the price. Good luck!
Old     (laidback)      Join Date: Nov 2006       11-28-2006, 4:28 PM Reply   
Thanks!!!
Everyone has been a tremendous help.
They are going to include the 1st service.
Final price with tax and spare tire is around 64
I'll post pics this weekend.
Old     (wake4fun)      Join Date: Oct 2005       11-28-2006, 5:20 PM Reply   
MC makes a wash down hose for the inside rather than using the shower from the back.
Old     (projectely4)      Join Date: Apr 2003       11-28-2006, 5:35 PM Reply   
hey vince im guessing this is the blue and yellow X2. it is a very sick color combo. it definately caught my attention when i saw it in person a couple of weeks ago.