Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (eubanks01)      Join Date: Jun 2001       07-01-2014, 7:14 PM Reply   
Can anybody tell me what the difference is besides $100 a pair and a titanium tweeter? I'm sure the 650's are a nicer speaker...just trying to decide if they are more than 50% nicer.
Old     (eubanks01)      Join Date: Jun 2001       07-01-2014, 7:23 PM Reply   
I realize this doesn't help you guys without telling you how I am powering them. For now, they will be powered by an older PP 1000.4 which is also running my JL 12w3.
Old     (nautibouys)      Join Date: Aug 2010       07-02-2014, 6:08 AM Reply   
Beauty is in the ear of the beholder...I went with the 650's because I'm that guy. Came from Polk DB651s...are they better than the Polks and louder yes. Are they more than twice as good like the price...that's up for debate. At the end of the day they are still 6.5" speakers, but clear as can be. I would think the new 808s would show a more significant change. If you play your stereo loud and have the right amp power to support the 650's buy them or you will regret not having bought them when you decide to step your stereo up because it isn't quite enough. Being on the water in an open air environment I will take the biggest tweeter I can get. Seems the common theme in stereos with me at least is that I have bought some things to save a buck and then end up buying the better ones anyway due to disappointment...which route is cheaper? Not mine. Good luck and I gotta believe you will be very happy with the 650's or any of the Wetsounds products for that matter.
Old     (eubanks01)      Join Date: Jun 2001       07-02-2014, 7:00 AM Reply   
Thanks man. I just didn't know if it was worth the extra cost of the speaker given how I will be powering them. I agree with you though in the long run I might be sorry I didn't do it. I already have some Alpines that for all things considered are fine. So it's probably not worth it to replace them with the 65's...I'm think I either keep them, of if I upgrade, go for the 650's.
Old     (nautibouys)      Join Date: Aug 2010       07-02-2014, 7:11 AM Reply   
Agreed. Go big or go home. When I first got the 650's and had them on a Kicker amp, I was like wow this really wasn't worth the cost of admission. Truth was they were underpowered at 75 watts a speaker. Now they are on a Wetsounds Syn 4 and they sing...
Old     (BradM07SS)      Join Date: Jul 2011       07-02-2014, 7:33 AM Reply   
I've had the polks db651's , exile and now the Wet Sounds sw-650 and sw-808. The Exiles were a huge improvement over the the Polk db 651's, The wet sounds sw-650 and exiles were really about the same to me the exiles have a higher pitch to them and the wet sounds were a little more warm. Now the SW-808's were a big improvement over the sw-650 and exiles. The exiles , sw-650 and sw-808's were ran on an SD6 so its a fair.