Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through November 14, 2005

Old     (greenpinky)      Join Date: Apr 2004       09-17-2005, 8:06 PM Reply   
Let's see your wake pics.

Was riding behind a MC 205 with 12 people and about 1200 of water ballest today, and I think it's time to make a change. Let's just say the D-ups took on an all new meaning today.

So, I think it's time to sell the Moomba and pick up one of these bad boys. Let's see your wake pics.

And J-Rod, next time you have 4000 lbs in it, for God sakes, bring a camera.
Old     (mjmurphy53711)      Join Date: Mar 2004       09-17-2005, 8:53 PM Reply   
im with you mike, they are the best wake ever. I recently got to ride one with 2800 pounds in it.

www.wakecoupons.com
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       09-19-2005, 1:48 PM Reply   
The pics don't do the wake justice. You have to ride behind one fully loaded to get the feel of a wake that boots you soo smoothly and easily. It gives a whole new level of confidence learning new tricks, or adding different grabs to old ones.

The transition and the pop are, IMO, second to none.
Old    d_fresh            09-19-2005, 2:22 PM Reply   
I'm in the market for a new boat. When you say 205, do you mean DD or VD?
Old     (greenpinky)      Join Date: Apr 2004       09-19-2005, 2:38 PM Reply   
I agree completely, Evan. Never once did I receive a different kick off the wake. I felt very comfortable from the get go.

Had my best day standing sideways on a board Saturday.

Doug, if you're looking for a new boat, I don't believe you can still get the DD. But both the VDs and the DDs have the same hull with the same, great wake.

C'mon, nobody has a pic of their wake???
Old     (damned04)      Join Date: May 2005       09-19-2005, 3:09 PM Reply   
Im only 16 and am not too great but my x2 was the boat i learned on and it has helped me progress a lot. Most of the people I ride with have been riding between 3-5 years and are amazed how quickly i progressed in one season. I tell them its all the wake
Here's some pics

Old     (joe_788)      Join Date: Aug 2003       09-19-2005, 4:43 PM Reply   
Here's a shot of a properly (read: over) weighted X2 surf wake.

surf
Old     (tlb)      Join Date: Feb 2003       09-19-2005, 4:55 PM Reply   
cool pic, check out the rollers hitting the shoreline in the top left of the pic
Old     (kikitlo)      Join Date: Jul 2005       09-20-2005, 7:15 AM Reply   
Gotta say I love the wake of my friends '02' X-Star. He wont fill up the ballast until we all get better but I do feel that even unwieghted it still is a nice wake in my newbie opinion