Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (ragboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       08-21-2010, 1:40 PM Reply   
The future flyboys, RJ and Chris Wolter had a great time with their new Flyboy boards. Those kids just idolize riders like James Walker, Chase Hazen, and Sean Cummings. We will have lots of pics and video to post, especially of Frank almost landing a 3. But I have to post these few now. This one was funny, you can call it, "fun with underwater camera", or "whitney needs to lay off the caffiene".

Now, these next 3 pics, I should probably explain them. I choose not to. I saw RJ and Chris doing something on the back of the boat, and I quietly told Whitney to snap a few pics. So what you should know, they didn't know they were being photographed. This was not a joke, nor was it a pose. I am sure one of them will get on here and do their best to try explain why they were doing this. When I showed RJ these pics, I have never heard him laugh so hard, and turn so red.

And my favorite.

Old     (wakemitch)      Join Date: Jun 2005       08-21-2010, 3:06 PM Reply   
Hahaha!
Old     (scottnaz)      Join Date: Feb 2008       08-21-2010, 7:41 PM Reply   
Uh........ya....... we don't even want to know what is going on?!!!?
I'm sure your families had a great day on the water, there's no doubt of that. Wish we were closer
Old     (wofrankwo)      Join Date: Jul 2009       08-21-2010, 10:09 PM Reply   
they dont make days any funner then the day we had on the lake friday ..... we got home at 2am robert!!
Old     (wofrankwo)      Join Date: Jul 2009       08-21-2010, 10:35 PM Reply   
i was just looking at the pics and some vid robert and the jessie surfing one is the coolest!!
Old     (ragboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       08-22-2010, 3:10 AM Reply   
Y, I will get those up, probably late tomorrow. We had a great time as well.
Old     (ragboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       08-22-2010, 10:31 PM Reply   
OK, so before I post more of the pics of the great day we had, I should note that RJ and Chris were both riding Chris' flyboy. The reason was that RJ hadn't had a chance to fix his traction, and so wanted to ride chris'. It made a big difference. What was wrong with RJs traction you ask? Well, suffice it to say that James is an EXCELLENT wakesurfer, but should probably leave the traction to his dad.

To cut James some slack, he did this on the ramp as we were heading out. But I still don't know how he got it this far off. Pretty funny. FYI, we put on some new traction, and RJ is really starting to kill it.
Old     (ragboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       08-22-2010, 11:44 PM Reply   
Chris started the day off surfing first. He said his wake has more of a double lip and the RZ2 wake is solid, a clean face and nice lip to pop off from. The difference in wakes threw Chris off for a bit so he wasn't launching quite as high as her normally does, but still doing a good job.

Then Chris decided he wanted to jump the wake with the rope. He hit it pretty hard and launched, we all had fun watching.

He didn't land them all.

He was starting to get used to it, and take advantage of the wake. I love this pic, its air, and a tribute to ozzy osbourne all at the same time. "Rock On!".

Then Laura and Chris wanted to show us their tandem skills.

Then Laura got on the SMED for her own fun.

There was a butterfly, she was trying to catch it.

Flashing that Wolter smile.

Hmm, I just can't remember what she was doing here, but its a cool pic.

Now here comes the big man, frank. These pics were taken high, from the other side of boat, so not the best, but frank was able to ride with a good long pocket to work with. We didn't use any lead. We had a 750 sac almost fool on top of 250lb hard tank in rear corner, and front 400 filled on surf side. About 800 lbs of people weight on surf side, me and 2 other people. When frank got out of the boat, I wanted to make sure he would have plenty of push for his 325lbs so I added 2 fat bricks (300 lbs total) on top of the 750, not quite full. So thats only 1300 lbs of water in corner and 400 lbs of water up front, plus people.

Our surf nubbin held up fine getting frank up.

Frank pulling a lip slide on that TWP Bazooka. Frank loves that board.

Going for the 3, the wake was waist high on frank, he is 6' tall.

Now the camera is with me, in ballast boy seat, better angle, but still eye level.

Your gonna get it soon frank.

Jesse's turn.

I can't wait to post the video RJ is working on. Jessica is one of the reasons this video was so cool. I was in the water watching them surf away, and then I hear everyone screaming. I can't see, because the wave is over her head. You will have to wait for the video.

RJ was up, and he started right in on a 360. He was smoother than he has been in a long time with the flyboy. The traction in the right place, helped him.

Remember Chris jumped the wake with the rope, so of course, RJ has to. Its fun watching these kids compete, and yet be friends.

Both RJ and Chris really love their flyboys.

OK, lots of surfers, here comes Whitney. She says to me, "Dad, this board is REALLY light, is it supposed to be this light?". Whitney doesn't keep up on current events.

Whitney finishing up a "hard left". That is what we call her 360 attempts. Its better than what we used to call them. 12s.

We had an issue with the camera, but Thomas and Maddie also surfed. It was a LONG day, but we had a great time. Afterwards Frank treated us all to Taco Bell. Don't try those cantina tacos, pretty bad.

We love spending time with the Wolters. We have fun with lots of people, but Frank is a special guy. RJ calls him the man whitney. Whitney is always positive and has a big heart. That is Frank. Frank loves his family and loves wakesurfing with them, we have a lot in common.

You can check out all the pics in this slide show:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/wake9/s...47088695/show/
Old     (wofrankwo)      Join Date: Jul 2009       08-23-2010, 2:57 AM Reply   
robert asked me what laura chris and i thought of his new boat the Tige ........ there was 10 of us on the boat for over 8 hours ...... we ate lunch on the boat and never stepped off the boat the entire day ....... to begin with i have to say that was the most comfortable boat i have ever been on ...... there was a ton of room and i dont believe anybody was ever put out in any way ....... the wake was huge and seamless and smooth ( like polished ) with tons of push for me definetly the sweetest wake ive ever surfed on ....... laura thought the exact same thing as i did big and seamless ...... chris loved it also and he said it was huge and the lip was awesome ....... he struggled with it early ( we have a very pronounced double lip on our boat ) as he was not used to having to get speed going up the entire height of the wake ...... but he definitely cant wait to surf it again as he also said it was the best wake he has ever been on ...... we all ride regular and when it was time for the garcias to all ride goofy the transition was effortless and the wake looked just as good as it was on the regular side
Old     (ragboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       08-23-2010, 11:29 AM Reply   
Thanks frank, the video is posted. Here it is, embedded.

More info here, and in case you can't see the embeded video above:

http://wake9.com/community/
Old     (ds3)      Join Date: Jun 2008       09-06-2010, 9:21 PM Reply   
Now that looks like it was a good time! The vids are great Robert, I'm jealous I haven't got to ride much this year. Jesse is the best! Thanks for sharing.